Chapter 35

Chapter 35

"Sky, wake up please." I heard my mother's voice as she attempted to wake me up. I opened my eyes to a blinding light.

"What time is it?" I asked, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"About nine." She says. "I let you sleep in, you looked shattered." I pulled back the covers and stood up, immediately hit by a stabbing pain in my legs and hips. So this is what the morning after feels like.

"Do you want to take a shower?" My mother asked. I shook my head and began picking up my towel and swimming stuff.

"No I just want to go down to the beach." I said. She smiled and left my room. I brushed through my hair and began getting changed, I slipped into my black bikini and put on a pair of shorts and a t shirt. I met my mother by the door and put my flip flops on my feet.

It is a beautiful day, the sun is shining and it is about 3000 freaking degrees outside. We went back to the same spot we were at yesterday and the sea is just as blue if not more.

"Good morning Harry." My mother said putting her towel down. He turned towards us and pulled his shades up.

"Good morning Mrs Marin, Skylar." He nodded towards the both of us. I smiled and sat down. Considering what we had both just done hours before I don't understand why I am so nervous to speak to him- hell to talk to him. My brain is working on overdrive and I can't stop thinking of the consequences.

"I'm going for a swim." I said in a stupid attempt to escape. I walked over to the water and engulfed myself in it. I looked out towards the horizon and watched the small ripples of water move towards me.

"Hey, mind if I join you?" His voice startled me making me jump slightly.

"Uh yeah." I barely said.

"How are you doing?" He asked acting like we didn't just see each other a couple of hours ago.

"I'm fine." I replied.

"Then why are you freezing me out?" He asked. I didn't want to get into another argument.

"What I did, what we did, it's going have major consequences." I began. "I don't know whether it was the heat of the moment or something but I am losing my mind over whether it was a mistake or not."

"You think it was a mistake?" He questioned.

"I don't know. All I know is that you have a girlfriend and it is slightly- oh what's the word- illegal." I fought.

"So what do you want to do?" He asked.

"Why are you leaving it up to me?" I asked to which he didn't reply. "What do you want?" I asked.

"I don't know." He said.

"Well great, neither of us know what to do and neither of us know whether it was a mistake that's just fantastic." I remarked.

"Skylar." Harry sighed.

"What?" I responded looking up at him, only now just realising how close he was. I looked to see if my mother was watching and thankfully she was facing the other way. He followed my gaze and saw my mother was completely oblivious.

"Do you really think it was a mistake? You were fine this morning." He said.

"I think that there are going to be consequences." I replied. "I didn't expect to lose my virginity to my teacher after I found out I had been drugged with sleeping pills." Harry seemed taken aback by my bluntness.

"Well I didn't expect you to put it like that." Harry said stepping back a bit.

"There is no other way to put it Harry. Besides don't you currently have a girlfriend?" I retorted.