Chapter 19

Chapter 19

The green bottle held in his hand collided with the side of table cracking the glass and spluttering slithers over the floor. He had an evil glint in his eye as he looked at my mother's frightened face- she held so much fear and looked so pale she could have been mistaken for a corpse. My father lunged and went straight for my mother's throat with the sharp item, luckily she ducked and he swiped it around her face causing her to fall unconscious (better than dead). I gasped and ran to my mother's aid checking for an signs that she might need to go to a hospital- she didn't. Suddenly he turned towards me with the weapon a sick smile covering his face.

"No!" I screamed as he edged towards me.

"Sky?" He said but it wasn't my father's voice.

"No please!" I screamed. Suddenly I was jolted and a wave hit me and I was winded. I sat up vastly and saw the foreign background, widening my eyes and looking around trying to find some sort of normality but it wasn't my house and it wasn't any of my friends- it was Mr. Styles'. I turned at looked at the curly haired teacher as he stared at me like I had 2 heads, my hands were clammy and I felt beads of sweat running down my forehead; the nightmare must have shaken me.

"I'm fine." I stammered bringing my hand to wipe the sweat off of my brow.

"You're obviously not Skylar." He said sternly. I could see the look in his eye- pity, I don't want anyone to pity me; I don't need to be pitied and I don't want anyone's sympathy or attention.

"I am fine. Why are you here?" I asked curious to why he is currently sitting on the sofa where I am sleeping- or more like was.

"I'd be surprised if anyone could sleep through that screaming." I looked anywhere but his face, embarrassed. "What was it about, your dream?" He asked.

"I don't want to talk about it." I shied away.

"I think you need to." He growled, I glared at him. "I don't think I do." I answered emotionless. Then suddenly I noticed the black swirls of ink in his chest- he is shirtless! I didn't want to look but I couldn't help it; I was mesmerised by the pictures and the black that stained his skin.

"Take a picture- it lasts longer." He smirked. I looked down and surprisingly finding heat rise to my cheeks. I muttered a quick 'shut up' and rubbed my face with my clammy hands.

"Why did you show up here Sky?" He asked looking down.

"Don't call me that." He didn't have the right to call me that- only my friends did.

"Okay, why did you show up here Skylar, Miss Marin? And what happened that you needed to get away from?" He interrogated.

"I don't want to talk about it." I muttered.

"Well maybe you just might have to, to stay in my place." He threatened.

"What? You're not going to kick me out are you? You can't. I came here because I had nowhere else to go, don't you get it? I know you hate me- I know you wish you never had met me, so think about it Sir, why would I come here if I knew we were just going to argue and fight because that's all we seem to do! I came here because I have nowhere else, its 4 a.m. and you wanna talk about this now?" I ranted. The look on his face was hurt but I don't know why?

"You were screaming in your sleep, if I hadn't have woken you up then you would still be screaming now." He growled.

"I didn't ask you to wake me up. I would have woken up myself eventually. Can we just continue this later? I want to try and get some sleep." I said and lay back down pulling the blanket over my face. Mr. Styles muttered something underneath his breath and then I heard him walk away and back down the hall.