Chapter 37

Chapter 37

I fanned myself lightly with the flight information as I sat on my suitcase waiting for a taxi to come and take us to the airport, it is a really hot day today.

I am not sure whether I want to go home yet; it means facing my father, drama and of course- A. I still need that to get those phone companies I researched to get back to me on any way they can track the burner phone the evil bitch is using. Finally, the taxi came and we loaded into the vehicle, my mother told the driver the location and we set off to the airport.

My mother and I checked in and went through security without a problem- thankfully and now we are currently waiting for our gate to open. I fished through a rack of items at the Victoria's Secret shop, my fingers running over the lace. It reminded me of the underwear I had left in Harry's possession and now suddenly I am thinking about that night and how good he felt. I then notice him across the building, looking at a sunglasses rack, I think he could sense someone was looking at him because soon enough he caught eyes with me. I wanted to look away but I couldn't, his facial expression softened and then hardened all within a split second- like he was protecting himself from me and all the hurt I could cause him, have caused him. Sadly, he started making his way over to where I am standing, I looked down and tried not to make eye contact- I had to look at him didn't I?

"Hello Skylar." He greeted.

"Harry." I slightly smiled.

"Excited to go home?" He asked.

"Not really." I replied rather bluntly.

"Why?" He continued.

"I think you know why, Harry."

"You said it was a mistake. Not me." He remarked. I looked down knowing that I probably hurt him. I heard a sigh come from him and saw a shift in his feet, then they disappeared telling me that he is walking away.

"By the way." He said making me turn to face him. "I would definitely go with the red lace." I took a small intake of breath, a little bit shocked from what he said, however at this point I really shouldn't be surprised. Then an overwhelming sensation came over me and I smirked, I picked up the garments in my size and then purchased them, finding the whole thing quite comical.

At last it is time to board the plane. I am stood waiting in line to give the people my boarding pass when I hear my mother's voice.

"Hello Harry, how are you?" Fuck me I cannot escape him.

"I'm good thank you. How are you?" He replied.

"Good, sad to be going home? I know Sky is." My mother asked.

"No, I'm actually okay with it." He stated, I tensed up and turned around to face him and my mother, when doing this I saw her face showed the confusion I felt.

"How come?"

"I don't know whether coming on this trip was a mistake, after all I was mostly alone. Apart from your company of course." He said, I knew what he meant, he was fine with being alone, I just hurt him by fighting with him.

"Well the thing with mistakes is at the time, it was something you wanted." I don't know whether I am talking about the trip or sleeping with him but his whole demeanour changed, reflected in his facial features.

"Yeah, I guess so. I don't regret anything I am just wondering whether it was a waste of time." He said.

"Well it happened and you can't change that but you can't deny you had a good time." We aren't talking about the holiday anymore.

"No it was amazing, actually the best time. I guess you're right." I nearly gasped but what if he was talking about the holiday? My mother stood there smiling and happy that he finally decided this trip was a good idea yet she had no idea the conversation that was lying underneath our words.