Four

After the banquet was done I headed home with my parents and kids. My parents decided that they will stay because they have a surprise for me. My dad got furious when he saw Anthony. He wanted to kick him out himself but I told him about my contract with him. Even if he didn't like the idea of me working with him he respect my choice to let him stay.

After I put my kiddos to sleep I went to my room wanting to do the same but couldn't he was on my mind. Him and his betrayal.

I woke up early because I felt really sick. As I headed to the kitchen to make breakfast for Anthony and me I notice some papers on the counter. When I started to read I felt weak, sick, and betrayed those papers were our divorce. I could believe it Anthony filed for divorce, but why? I haven't notice anything different in his attitude. "Oh good you are up. Be a dear  sign those papers for me. " he said coldly. I couldn't believe it he wanted a divorce. "What? Why do you want a divorce? " I asked full of fear. " Oh my goodness Lilian sign the papers. Don't you get it. I was just using you. I don't love you. Now that I got what I wanted I don't need you anymore. So sign and leave. " as all the words he said start to register I start to cry. How could he be so cruel. "This can't be. You told me that you love me. You told me that you will never leave. "I said but it was like I didn't because he just kept yelling at me. This went on for days until I couldn't any more I demanded the truth. And after I heard the truth I didn't hesitate to sign the papers. He had used me. He never love me.

As I recall all this hurtful memories I find myself crying my eyes out. Why do I even bother remember him? He looked so unaffected by me, yet here I am crying for someone who will never love me. Who never love in the first place.

"Mommy! Wake up. We are having a barbecue." said Octavio. "Yeah mommy grandma already called my aunt and they are already coming over. "  added Nadia ." No I want to sleep more." I whined." No mommy let's go. " they said and started to pull me out of my bed. Well they try. "Okay. Okay. Go tell Gail  to cook you some breakfast mean while I take shower. Okay? " I said. They nodded and ran out my room towards the kitchen.

After I took my shower , we left to the food market to buy some meats. "Mom can we buy a cake?" they  asked at the same time which freak me out a little. "Cake? What for sweetie?" I ask them. "Wel- " he got cut off by someone calling me. "Hi. Lilian. "he said. "Anthony "is all I say flatly.  "Hi there kids "he said bending down and shuffling  Octavio 's hair.  "So I am? " I knew what he was taking about but I still asked him. "You are what?" "Am I their father." I just shooked my head. "Who is then?" before I could answer him someone else did.

"I am. "