Five

" I am their father. " when I turn around I see Nick. Nick is a high school friend and one of the of the only people who know about Anthony and me. The one who help get back on my feet and the one that helps me with the kids. I see him start to embrace the kids in a hug. A fatherly hug. A hug that they may never get from their real father. "Nick"I yelled as reach to join the  hug with the kids. " Thank you so much. " I whisper in his ear. He nods and then kisses me in my cheek. "So this is my replacement?" asked Anthony in a bitter tone. "Replacement? I am not the replacement of any one and specially not yours. " Nick responds to his question. How dare he think that I would move on and be with someone else after all I went through with him,  but I know why he is just a fucking idiot. Always been."No he is not. And if he was what do you care?" spit the question like a snake spits it's venom. He seems amused by my respond. "Wow. So you are saying that you cheated on me with that piece of crap, because those kids are around 4 years and we got the  divorce around 5 years ago I did the math so don't make play stupid." Holy fuck how do I answer that. " First if all don't curse in front if my kids. And second-"I got interrupted by Nick. "Don't talk to my fianceè like that and these kids are mine so stay  the hell away from them. " Nick said with anger. Then his arm reached around my waist and pulling me closer. And the kids got in front of both of us. Like a happy family. But just like. "And don't fucking accuse her cheating or lying because she isn't like you. " With that Nick pulled the kids and me away from Anthony, who looked like he wanted to kill us.

After our bitter argument in the supermarket I decided to invite Nick to our family barbecue. If I think about he is like the father that the twins will never be able to meet so technically he is family. " Thanks so much Nick. I wouldnt be able to stop myself to tell him the truth if it wasn't for you." I tell him and giving him a weak smile. "You know that hate his guts. And he has some guts accusing you of cheating. That idiot doesn't know what lost. " he says while caressing my cheek. I just gave him smile. The rest of the day went smoothly. The kids got to play with their cousins . And I got to talk with my family and Nick.

After I clean the patio and got the kids to sleep I went to sleep. I couldn't sleep again. I was thinking about him. They way he touched my cheek and held me in the supermarket. He held me tightly around my waist like I was his. Like I was his , I like the way that sounds. Wait. That is Nick. I open my eyes breathing hard I am thinking about Nick."Don't talk to my fianceè like that and these kids are mine so stay  the hell away from them".That though made me smile. Then I slowly started to drift to sleep.