Fifteen

"Go play with Eva and Julio."I tell the kids as sit with my sister, Jasmine. We sit in silence not knowing what to say. "So I hear from a little birdy that you and Nick were making out. " she says and I gasp. I was about to tell her what happened but she keeps talking. "Also that you are staying at his house now. And in his room. " I look at her wide eyed. I mean she isn't wrong but how does she know. " I am staying in his house but NOT his room. Okay? And we did kiss but it was just small insignificant kiss. We aren't going out.... Yet. "I say mumbling the last part. "What?! Yes!  You are going to give Nick a chance finally. " she says with so much joy.  " Was it that obvious that he liked me? " I ask and she nods. " Sis give yourself the opportunity to fall in love again. Anthony is trash compared to Nick. He would do anything for you and the kids. He loves you. But he also loves the twins as they were his. He has been there for you. And for them. Remember that time you were in the business trip for whatever the heck it was ,well remember who was the one who was able to take care of those angels of yours. He made them feel better. He took care of them. He waited for you to come home. He wants you and your family. Meanwhile there is Anthony a complete asshole. Who freaking admitted to you that cheated on you. That he wanted to marry you just for money. Who freaking told you he never loved you. He didn't give a fucking shot about you." she says. "I... I - "I tried to talk. " You what?  What?  Still love him?  I don't think so. You maybe be still struck under that "charm" of his but you aren't in love with him. Listen to me Lilian and listen well. You. Need. To. Open. Your. Eyes. You. Don't. Love. Him. He is bad news. He isn't the guy for you. Also the hell is wrong with you going to aspen with him. And taking the kids! Seriously what is wrong?! A few months ago you were this strong independent woman, and now you are back to the broken weak girl. Help yourself for you and specially the kids. They don't need a monster as a father. Don't endanger them like you did to yourself. " she says with years in her eyes. I hug her knowing that she is hurt with my actions. I never really told the true story about Anthony and I to anyone besidesNick and my sister. We stay like this for while until the kids come saying that the are hungry.

We take the kids to McDonald's. May not be the healthiest but that is what they wanted. Afterwards I went back to Nick's house.

After putting the kids to bed I was debating on whether or not to talk with Nick. He told how he felt two nights ago and I haven't been able to talk with him. I saw his bedroom door open and his light off. He wasn't home. I feel a bit hurt that he isn't home. Again. Last night he call to tell me that he had to work late, but not tonight. I walk to my room and start think about Jasmine's speech. I know what I am going to do. I need to talk with him.

I woke up and went to check on the twins but when I reached their room they weren't there. I went downstairs to see if Layla or Michael where with them. And I was right they were there. "Good morning." I say greeting them. I look at Octavio and Nadia , they were both upset. "What is wrong, babies?" I ask. I don't like seeing my kids upset. " Nico left. " Nadia said with tears in her eyes. "What?!" I ask. I feel a sudden fear. He left. Where? Why? How could he? " Relax mija. Since he is taking care of the project with your ex he had to fly to Aspen's cabin an look at some details. I really don't remember what he said. He wouldn't leave you. He loves you too much. " she whispers the last part. I blush and give her a small smile. I feed the kids. Then clean the kitchen. " Oh Lili. My son told me to give you this. " Micheal says giving me a small pat on my back before leaving. I read his letter.

Dear, Lilian

I am sorry I didn't get to say good bye, but you were sleeping and I didn't want to wake you up. I will be back next week just in time for the kids birthday. I am going to miss you. Also we have to finish talking about..... Us.

With love,
Nick.

Gosh he is leaving for a whole week I guess I have time to get everything straightened. I have to do the right thing. I am going to miss him.

"Mommy?" my little angels pull me away from my trance. "Yes baby. " I respond. " Is Nico going to be here for our birthday? " asks Octavio. "Yeah he has never missed our birthday. He has to be here. " my little girl adds. " he is going to be here. He wouldn't miss your birthday for anything in the world. He loves you ." I say with all the honesty. " He loves you too mommy. " they say and then leave to play. I am that stupid that my own kids can see the love Nico has for me but I can't see. I shake my head and spend the rest of the day with my kids and nicks parents.

One thing I can't get out of my head is that Nick really does love me. Everyone sees his love for me except me. Oh Jesus what I am I going to do. I hope that I going to the right thing when I talk with him. And don't hurt him.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Thanks for reading. Hope you like it. Please vote and comment. Love you'll.

Not edited.