Chapter 22 - New Years

see i was going over my notes and i was like lol theres only going to be like 10 more chapters in this fanfiction but then i realised that id need to clear up a few things so now that i think about it, this fanfiction may not even be halfway done. idk yet tho so 🌚

---

"So do you have a New Years resolution?" I asked Bill as we were sitting on the couch together. It was New Years eve and Mabel was out shopping with Soos, while Bill and I were supposed to be preparing snacks for the guests that would be coming over, but we were sort of procrastinating. He was resting his head on my shoulder talking to me while I rubbed circles into his palm with my thumb. It was relaxing, but Mabel would probably be home soon to yell at us.

"Is that like a wish or goal for the new year?" Bill asked.

I hummed a yes in reply, inhaling deeply. I was so relaxed, I was starting to feel tired.

"Well... I wouldn't mind practicing my art a bit more. But I'm not really that sure." He sighed. "How about you?" He asked.

"Pft, I don't really bother with New Years resolutions because I always forget about them." I chuckled.

"Well, lets both make one and stick to it this year." Bill looked at me and smiled, taking my hand that was rubbing his and squeezing it. I smiled back and nodded, softly pushing my lips against his. He brought a hand up to cup my face as he deepened the kiss. It wasn't a lustful, battling-for-breath kiss or a small peck, it was a deep, passionate kiss; and that's the way I liked it.

"I love you so much." I smiled between kisses, running my hands through his hair.

"I love you too." He mumbled back as he pulled me closer.

"HEY LOVER BOYS I TOLD YOU TO MAKE SNACKS NOT BABIES."

Bill and I yanked away with so much force I fell backwards with a yelp. I sat back up and looked over the couch to see Mabel standing there with her hands on her hips.

"Scuse me, that isn't even possible." Bill replied, pointing a finger at her. I just groaned and fell backwards on the couch, covering my tomato red face with my hands.

"With the way you two are going, I'm sure you'll make it possible." Mabel scoffed.

"Score dude." I heard Soos say.

"Cmon, not you too." I groaned, muffled by my hands.

"Want any tomato soup for your snacks because I think Dipper's face is cooking it in there." Bill poked my face.

"You guys are so embarrassing." I huffed.

We began setting up the party. I hung up some crappy banners and stuff while Bill was in charge of blowing up balloons. Soos started setting up chairs and tables and Mabel was preparing the food. In a few hours, everything was perfect;

except for the fact we were literally swimming in balloons.

"We don't need this many balloons, stupid!" I laughed, trying to walk through the lounge room without popping any balloons. There were so many, I was more than knee high in balloons.

"But they're so cool." Bill was juggling a few in his hands. I hit one and it flew right into his face, making a 'bonk' noise as it made contact.

"You can never have too many balloons!" Mabel announced from the kitchen. I just rolled my eyes.

The back door opened and Soos walked through. "Hey the tables and chairs are all set up- Wow, that's a lot of balloons." He said as the balloons from in the house started flooding outside.