Chapter 27 - Waddles and Marshmallows

this was written early in the morning and was not edited (well so are the rest of my chapters but anYWAY) sorry

By Friday morning Bill's illness was gone so we decided we should go back to school. When we got there, everything seemed fine. No one was really making any jokes or whispering about Bill and I; or any of us. We were pretty quiet and awkward at recess though. I was silently staring down Robbie while he was picking at his food like usual. Such a little bitch if you ask me. If you don't like tomatoes in your salad, don't put them in there! Simple.

I was busy getting worked up over nothing, just out of my pure hatred for Robbie. I felt Bill grip my hand and squeeze it, sensing that I was getting mad. I looked at him with an apologetic look and sighed, looking up at the sky. This school year so far was going fan-fucking-tastic.

"So uh, how is everyone?" Bill piped up nervously, attempting to start conversation.

Wendy looked at him and smiled. "Geez, I thought this awkward silence would never end." She laughed.

"Well you could have said something." Nate rolled his eyes.

"Well you could have too, smartass." Wendy sneered playfully.

"Yeah smartass." Lee slapped Nate across the back of the head.

"You wanna go?" Nate grinned, punching Lee. They started stupidly fighting.

"G-Guys, stop!" Thompson squeaked.

"Alright, alright." Lee said, pulled away from Nate and putting his hands up in defeat. "You take my place." He smirked at Thompson.

"W-Wha-"

"Thompson, Thompson!" Wendy started hooting, everyone else joining in, except for Robbie and Tambry. Robbie was looking at them with a disgusted expression while Tambry was looking a bit confused on how to feel. Bill smiled, probably glad the group was having fun again. I was smiling too, but my smile did slightly falter as I watched Thompson cowering while Nate head locked him and started wrestling with him. It was cool they were having fun and all, but was Thompson really having fun?

Thinking over all the time I've spent with these guys, Thompson had seemed different. He was timid, nerdy, and was a complete pushover. Anything the group wanted him to do, he would just do even if he felt uncomfortable with it. I had figured out the obvious reason that he did all that stuff just to fit in, but I still didn't fully comprehend why Thompson did it. The group seemed to like him regardless of whether he did stupid stuff or not, they didn't seem like the popular kind of group to be complete douchebags to everyone who wasn't popular like them, they seemed chill about everything. So why did Thompson continue to do stupid shit like this? He knows he doesn't have to right?

"Okay, okay, you win!!" Thompson screeched, Nate jumping up on the table and throwing his arms up in victory as we cheered. I couldn't help but laugh a bit, but I still felt kind of sorry for Thompson. Maybe I would confront him about it one day.

The bell went to signal the end of lunch. Everyone sighed and got up, walking in different directions for their classes while Bill and I made off towards our next class.

"What do we have again.." I mumbled aloud, thinking to myself.

"Science I think." Bill replied.

"Oh yeah." I nodded. I paused for a moment. "W-Wait science?" I looked at him.

"Yeah, why?" He asked.

"Shit, I left my book in my locker. I'll meet you there. If sir asks just tell him I was at the bathroom and there was a line."