TJI 36: Internal Scars [1] ♡

* f l a s h b a c k *

You and Theo running down the street, towards the lake.

"Bet you can't catch me!" You called over your shoulder.

"Bet I can!" Theo shouted back, sprinting a little faster, as fast as his little legs could take him.

You giggle and stumble a bit. You pass Theo's house and as you pass it, his dad walks out.

Theo stops dead in his tracks, his floppy grin replaced with a feart look. Was his father mad because Theo snuck out to play with you?

"Theo. Inside. NOW." Theo's dad almost shouted furiously. He pointed into the house.

Theo looks around him to look at you. He gives you a half hearted smile before slipping inside his house. His dad turns to face you and give you a brief smile before going inside himself and slamming the door behind him.

Years later, you're still friends with Theo. Not as close as you used to be of course, but friends nonetheless.

You started drifting away from each other when Theo stopped engaging with you altogether. He claimed he did it because of his dad. Who, by the way,  is now in a whole different country.

Theo's dad was abusive and explosive when Theo was younger but since Theo's older and more well-built, his dad retreated to America in case Theo were to hurt him or turn him in. Theo wouldn't turn him in anyway. He loved his dad. He couldn't help it, he was his dad.

You haven't seen Theo since last year. You both took completely different paths in life. You are now in a big house with a family and Theo is alone working as many jobs as he can to get money.

Sometimes you think about him. When you're with your partner, but you just think how he never liked you and forget.

But today, today you weren't going to forget. You liked Theo. Maybe even more than you thought. So today, today you were going to visit him.

You were going to visit your childhood friend.

And of course, crush.

------

AH!

IM SO SORRY

i highkey have writers block oops

- em