17

M i c h a e l

The next morning, Luke wasn't in the bunk. I got out of bed, and brushed my teeth before I walked out to the living room area. I saw him sitting on a couch, so I sat beside him, and he was glued to his phone, scrolling through Twitter.

"Where did people get these pictures?" He asked, showing a picture of me looking down at him while he slept peacefully. "Oh. Ashton did a YouNow, and he showed us."

"Did you say I said you were too ugly to date?" He asked, and I tilted my head. "It was a joke. Why?" I asked, and he handed me his phone.

There was the picture with screenshots of what someone typed in their notes.

'Look at the way Michael looks at Luke. He looks like he cares so much for him. He's holding him while he sleeps, giving him attention, and probably doing things for Luke throughout the day, but Luke's too stupid to appreciate anything. Michael admitted that he wanted to date Luke, but said they weren't allowed too, however, later in the video Michael said they weren't dating because Luke said Michael's too ugly for them to date. That's pretty low right? We've all thought at some point that Luke is pretty stuck up, but now it's proven, right? Luke's not even that great. He's only in the band because people think he's hot, but his personality proves that he really isn't. His ego is too big, and he takes someone as special as Michael for granted. Smh'

The post had so many retweets, and replies saying how true it was. Luke was getting slammed with hate, and it's all my fault.

I looked up at him, and he was biting his fingernail with tears in his eyes.

I shook my head, and sat the phone down, hugging him tightly. He crawled into my lap, and laid on my shoulder as I rubbed his back.

"I'm so sorry, baby. It was a joke. I didn't mean for people to take it this seriously." I whispered, and he sniffled. "I'm not mad at you, but how could people say those things?" He asked quietly

"Some people are just plain mean. I'm sorry Luke." I whispered, and kissed his head.