18

m i c h a e l

The next day when we got to the venue, there were loads of people standing outside. Luke put his backpack on, and pushed his sunglasses down over his eyes.

The bus door opened, and people screamed for us. I smiled as we stepped off of the bus, but they were only paying attention to Luke, who was walking in front of me.

"First he sexually abuses Courtney, and now he's calling Michael ugly!" Someone yelled, and I could tell Luke wanted to run as more people started yelling at him, but we had to stay behind the bodyguard.

The path between the fans was very small, and people reached out to grab Luke. One person grabbed his arm, and turned him towards them. A bunch of people were shouting at him, and people on the opposite side grabbed the back of his shirt. The bodyguard helped Luke, but one against 5000 is kinda hard.

I began prying people's hands off of him, and I felt his body shaking.

"Get off of him!" I yelled, but that only made it worse.

"Why?! He doesn't care about you!" They yelled.

"Why care about getting him out?!"

We got more body guards and police to help get Luke out of the sea of girls that practically jumping on him.

"Muke would be real if Luke wasn't such a bitch!"

"Michael!" Luke cried, grasping onto my shirt.

Police and body guards held the crowd back while I picked Luke up, and ran into the building.

His body shook as I held him, and I could see flashing cameras from outside the windows, so I ran him into the dressing room.

I sat down with him on my lap, and ran my hands through his hair. Shortly after, the other guys came in, and sat down beside us.

"They're gonna give us fifteen minutes to calm him down, then we've gotta go to sound check." Calum said, and I nodded, rubbing Luke's back again.

"Can I?" Ashton asked, and pointed to Luke's shaking body. I nodded, and he laid his head on my other shoulder so him and Luke were looking at each other. He held one of Luke's hands, and began quietly talking to him

"Luke. Why is this making you that upset?" Ashton asked, and Luke shrugged. "It was scary wasn't it?" Ashton asked, and Luke nodded. "They were all screaming they hate me and jumping on me." He said softly.

"Why do you think they hate you so much?" He asked, and Luke looked up. "Because they think I keep calling Michael ugly, and that's the only reason I won't date him. They kept calling me disgusting and they know about the Courtney thing somehow." He said, and Ashton nodded.

"Yeah, but they don't know the truth, Luke. They're just a bunch of strangers. You should never care what they think about you. I know it's scary, but the only people you should try to make happy are the ones sitting right beside you. We know that you are the sweetest, most down to earth boy on the planet. We know you're not mean, and we know you're not stuck up. They don't know anything." Ashton whispered, and Luke buried his head in my chest.

"B-But I just can't handle it all." He cried, and Ashton held his hand tighter.

"What's on your mind Luke?" Ashton asked.

"I just wanna feel better. You all know I've had a hard time with cutting myself when I get sad, and I don't want to, but-"

"Luke.. The more you hurt yourself, the more it hurts us too." Ashton said, and picked up a sharpie, and pushed up Luke's sleeve.

We all watched as he drew butterflies on Luke's damaged wrists