26

| m i c h a e l |

"I need you to do one last thing for me. I- I know you don't love me like that anymore, but- but there's something I've always wanted to do with you, and I've never really gotten the chance." Luke said as soon as he got back and saw me. He was clearly pissed drunk, but tears fell from his blue eyes.

He grabbed onto my hand, and pulled me out into the pouring rain.

"Just please. Dance in the rain with me." He said, and I immediately took his hands in mine. He laid his head on my chest, and sobbed as we swayed back and forth to the sound of the rain.

"I'm sorry Michael. I always tried my hardest to make you happy, and I'm sorry that I couldn't. I hope whoever you are with right now give you what you deserve." He cried.

"She does." I whispered. I knew it would make him feel better knowing I was happy, even if he wasn't the reason. He's so thoughtful like that.

"She?" He asked, and I sighed. "Yeah." I whispered.

"I hope I remember this in the morning." He said, holding my hands a little tighter.

I felt my eyes fill up with tears as I realized, this is the last time I'm gonna be able to hold Luke for a long time. I'm not gonna hang out with him everyday, and listen to him sing along to the radio. He's not gonna hug my waist as I cook him something. I'm not gonna tell him he looks beautiful every single day.

He's gonna be alone.

"Michael, I love you with everything I have in me. You, Ashton, and Calum are all I have. My parents- they're not even proud that I'm here. They don't care at all. But you mean so much to me. Even though we're not together anymore, I'm always gonna love you. You showed me how to feel beautiful, and how to stand up for myself. Thank you for everything." He said, and kissed my lips for the last time before he walked back inside.