22

Michael's pov.

Since me, Luke, Calum, and Ashton and the bus driver were the only ones on this bus tonight, we decided to take the master bed. He picked at his pajama pants as he waited for me.

I sat down on the bed beside him, and he looked up.

"Michael, I don't want to do this anymore." He said softly, and my jaw dropped.

"What do you mean? It's going great." I said, and he shook his head. Is he really breaking up with me?

"No it isn't. I'm so stressed and this just isn't what I want anymore. I wanna be happy again." He said, and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I don't make you happy?! Luke, I try my hardest every day for you, and you know that! If anything it's you! I sit around and listen to you cry, but do you ever ask me if I'm okay? No! You can't say I don't make you happy, when I try so hard, but you don't give anything back! You're the one who doesn't make me happy!" I said, and became angry at the fact that he would say something like that.

"Michael. I-I was talking about touring.." He said softly, and looked up at me with his big blue eyes.

"Oh.." I whispered, and he held his hands tightly in front of him.

"I don't make you happy?" He almost whispered, and I felt like rewinding time just so I could let him talk before my big mouth had to hurt his feelings again.

I didn't say anything but I just laid down beside him. I pulled him into my chest, and pulled the blankets over us. He laid his head on my shoulder and we laid there in silence.

"Luke. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to say that." I said, and he stayed silent.

I know that hurt him more than anything because he's so broken himself, and I know he tries to give me every ounce of happiness he has, even if he can't.

"You need someone else." He whispered, and melted further into my touch. I rubbed his back, and held him closely.

"No Luke. Remember last time you broke up with me? You needed me." I said, and he shook his head. "This isn't about what I need anymore, Michael. All I have ever wanted is for you to be happy. You can't do that when you're with me." He said softly.

"No. I never meant to say that you don't make me happy. I love you so much. Don't do this, Luke." I said, and ran my hand through his hair.

"I just want you to be happy." He said. "Then I'm staying. Luke, we're not breaking up. I love you. I always will love you" I said, and kissed his forehead.