Fifteen

^^ Cameron
make sure to vote and comment pleeeease

Anthony POV

We're in the hospital right now. When I got to the house mom was still not breathing; it was chaotic. Lauren couldn't stop crying, Hayden kept trying to wake mom up, Zaniya was shouting into her phone calling up everybody but I told her to stop that shit because people like drama, they don't care if you breathing or not breathing, they just want something to talk about and be frantic about, even though they don't give a damn.

When I got there I called up the ambulance because like Zaniya said, she wasn't breathing. We're in the waiting room, hoping that she's okay. I pray that she's okay. My worst fear is losing my mother. I can't afford that. Not only would I be hurting but all the responsibility of the kids would be on me; I'm only 18. Not that I don't love my siblings, but come on. At the same time though, I wouldn't want them anywhere but with me.

Right now we're sitting in the waiting room. Waiting. I'm scared right now but I feel even more for my siblings. They shouldn't have to experience this.

I don't know what came over me, but I suddenly punched a wall causing everyone to look my way. I held my bleeding hand in my other one, it's like I couldn't feel the pain of it.

I felt a hand on my back. "Anthony.."

"I can't believe this is happening to me of all people right now. What perfect timing."

Cameron sighed and held my hand which I let him do because he's calming me down. "I'm sorry."

Just then a doctor came out.

"Family of Ms. Jackson. Please come this way." She said. I go up with my hand still attached to Cameron's just because I know he's gonna pull that 'staying behind cus I'm not family' bs.

When we got to the almost empty hallway the doctor stopped. I let go of Cameron's hand. She started speaking.

"Well, we ran some tests. And we found that the reason for your mothers collapse was a stroke."

I felt relieved to know that she wasn't dead.

"Now she's in critical condition, so she won't be out for a while."

"Do you know the cause of the stroke or anything?" I asked.

"Well we really didn't see any physical or internal reasons as to why she'd have a stroke. But what we did notice is that her stress levels are very high, so we believe that might have been the cause of it."

"Fuck.." I sighed. I should've known.

Ma has been raising 3 kids and one teenager by herself for years. She has to practically hunt down the father of Lauren, Hayden, and Zaniya for child support. Her husband (my father) was killed due to drug relations. And her son, me, is now doing the same exact thing her husband did to get killed. That's so much on one woman's back.

"So, we will be keeping her for a while to make sure everything's okay. Uh, your siblings- do they have a relative they could stay with?"

"I'm eighteen. I got my own place, they staying with me." I said quickly. I don't trust no fucking family enough to send my siblings to them.

"Oh, well okay. I would let you go in to see your mother, but visiting hours are over. You're welcome to come back tomorrow and see her, is that okay?"

"You can't just let me in for like 2 minutes?"

What's the big deal, I am paying for the hospital bill so it only makes sense that I get to see her when I want to.