Forty Six

VOTE & COMMENT

Cameron's Father POV

The baby was born. A few weeks back, Another boy, his name is Kyle. My wife is back in Brooklyn taking care of him. He was born before his due date, but he's healthy, happy, and the doctors assured that he would grow up like an average boy already knowing the history we hadwith Cameron.

I'm happy about the birth of my son, but I can't fully enjoy his arrival knowing that my son of seventeen years is missing. I haven't returned to Brooklyn yet because I'm still looking for him. It's harder because the police have just about given up at this point. All they tell me is 'We've done the best we could do. If anything comes up, we will be sure to let you know.'

Even Makai's father has lost hope. He says they could be anywhere at this point. It's basically a lost cause to all of them. Except for my family and I. TaiShawn follows me wherever I go, trying to put pieces together. He's become even more aggressive in these past few months. Always cursing and yelling which of course made us get into arguments. But I cut him some slack because I know it's from all the stress.

"Pops."

I look up from the computer desk at TaiShawn who just came in with a yellow envelope in his hand. He hands it to me. "Police just came over, said we could have this." He says. I open the envelope and inside is Cameron's phone that he left at the hotel. The police initially said they didn't really find any useful evidence in there but that they were going to keep it for further investigation.

"So they're just done with it like that, huh?" I scoff.

"Well that's why we're taking matters into our own hands. We don't need them."

I sigh and shake my head. I look at Cameron's phone and I feel my throat start to close up. He doesn't deserve all of this— all of this chaos. Who would've known moving back to our hometown would bring trouble instead of easing them.

I swipe my finger across the screen to unlock his phone and his background is a picture of him sitting on the boys lap. I can tell he really trusted him at a point in time. He was happy. Little did he know, the person he had given his heart to would ruin his life.

I click on his gallery and begin looking at pictures of him. It's been almost a year now he's been gone. I miss seeing his face. I miss everything about him.

I come across a video and press play where it looks like he was in an apartment.

"I stole Cameron's phone. He ain't even know, he snuck off to the back somewhere." Pheonix says.

"How'd you even get it?"

"He left it on the table." She swings the Camera to Tyler who is sitting on a couch, drinking a bottled water.

"Hey CamCam whenever you see this– Matter fact, lemme go see what y'all doing back there because it's a little too quiet."

"Damn Phoenix, give them some privacy." Tyler says as she gets up.

"No. I'm nosy, I wanna see what they're doing."

"Yeah but what if they're like... I don't know... doing gay shit. You know what I mean."

"Please, Cameron's the most virginest virgin I've met. No offense sweetie."

Phoenix walks off slowly with the Camera still on. "where they at." she whispers. She slowly pushes open a door and she immediately shrieks quietly. "Biiitch."

Anthony is pushing Cameron against the wall, shirtless with his jeans hanging slightly off his boxers. He has his hand wrapped around Cameron's neck, tightly. Cameron has his hands on Anthony's chest all while Anthony and Cameron engage in an aggressive kiss.