CHAPTER 12

As I lay on the bed, the memories of the events that led me to this situation flooded my mind. The tears I had shed since his departure seemed endless, a constant reminder of the violation I had endured. The feeling of vulnerability weighed heavily on me, and I couldn't help but despise him for taking away my control.

But in that moment, a shift occurred within me. A determination grew, fueled by the realization that no one else could save me from this torment but myself. I refused to be confined to these quarters, a prisoner of my own pain. The minutes ticked by, and with each passing moment, my anguish transformed into anger.

A cold numbness settled deep within me, replacing the sorrow that once consumed my being. I knew that I had to find my own strength, to rise above the darkness that threatened to engulf me. No longer would I allow myself to be a victim, but instead, I would become the architect of my own liberation.

As the doors swung open, the maids entered the room, their voices filled with concern and a sense of duty. "Young master, we were sent to help you wash up," they offered, their intentions seemingly noble. But I remained silent, my body drained of any desire to respond. The state of undress I found myself in no longer mattered, for my spirit felt weak and detached.

The maids began to cleanse my body, their hands moving gently over my skin. I didn't resist, knowing all too well that they had been sent by him. How ironic, I thought bitterly, that he would extend such a gesture of care after the violation he had inflicted upon me. I lay there, passive and defeated, allowing them to wash and dress me as if I were a lifeless doll.

When they finished, two of the maids took hold of my arms, pulling me up from the bed. I followed their lead, my movements mechanical and devoid of purpose. Like a broken doll, I allowed them to guide me to wherever they wished, my own desires and autonomy having been stripped away.

They eventually placed me on a couch in the far corner of the room, and the maids began rearranging the space around me. Their actions seemed insignificant, like rearranging furniture in a room that held no meaning. I watched them with detached indifference, feeling as though I had faded into the background, my existence reduced to a mere object to be manipulated at the whim of others.

As I observed the maids meticulously transforming the room, a realization washed over me like a cold wave crashing onto the shore. They were preparing this space for a new occupant, one who I knew deep down could only be me. Panic surged through my veins, jolting me out of my dazed state. I couldn't stay here, I couldn't allow that vile man who dared to call himself an emperor to lay his hands on me again.

A surge of determination coursed through me, fueling my trembling limbs as I stood up from the couch. I began to pace the room, back and forth, my thoughts racing alongside my movements. The desperation to escape this fate threatened to consume me, to break my spirit and rob me of my sanity.

"No, no, no," I muttered under my breath, the words a mantra of defiance against the cruel circumstances that had trapped me. I refused to submit, to surrender myself to a life of torment and degradation. I would find a way out, I had to.

My pacing quickened, fueled by a mix of anger and desperation. I bit my nails anxiously, the taste of bitter determination mingling with the taste of fear. Every step echoed my resolve to break free, to reclaim my agency and protect my fragile spirit from further harm.

The young eunuch boy, who seemed to have a hint of compassion in his eyes, pleaded with me to regain control of my emotions. His words were drowned out by the chaos of my own thoughts, my determination to escape overpowering any rationality.

As the other maids exchanged worried glances, one of them suggested calling for the imperial doctor. Their concern was genuine, but I couldn't afford to waste any more time. Ignoring their pleas and gestures of support, I remained focused on the single goal that burned brightly within me - freedom.