CHAPTER 28

"Alright, let's get down to business." Mu Yang declared, releasing his grip on the man's hair and standing directly in front of him.

"This is how it's going to work, I ask a question, and you answer." Mu Yang continued, pulling a dagger from his robes. He held it up, emphasizing his point.

"If, for any reason, you choose not to answer or I suspect that you're lying, I will remove a toe, and the same goes for your fingers. Do I make myself clear, Mongolian?"

Mu Yang's voice was cold and devoid of emotion. For the first time since the war began, the Mongolian felt fear coursing through his veins. The only other person who could send chills down his spine like this was his mistress and commander. But now, the Emperor himself was instilling terror in him with his voice alone, causing his weak body to tremble.

"Now, let's begin with the first question." Mu Yang said, holding up a drawing that resembled the man. He held a torch close to illuminate the drawing.

"Why were you searching for this boy?" Mu Yang asked, watching the Mongolian intently for any signs of flinching or emotion.

When he noticed the man's eyes widen with surprise, he knew he was on the right track. A smirk crossed his face. Just you wait, Cai. I'm coming to find you.

Mu yang look at the bloodied mess on the floor the mongrel was strong for holding out that long, mu yang will give him that. but in the end the emperor got what he needed, he wish he could go for him now but he knew that, it will not be easy. and there was still things here in the palace that he needed to deal with before cai's return.

he clean his hand off and throw the rag to the floor. "you will set out tomorrow, whatever you need will be provided." I want him safe, if you see a chance take him, if not set up a base and wait for my word.." mu yang said to his assassin sitting in the shadows.

the assassin watch the blood drip from the dead body unto the floor as he listens to his emperors instructions. "yes your majesty.." he replied.

"I don't need to remind you, that the wall have ears, its seems those ears extends to to the Empress Dowager's people." as the emperor said these words he gave the wall behind him a pointed look, the man who had observe them since they had arrive realize that he was caught

by the time the spy knew what hit him he was dead a dagger right between his eyes.

The emperor turned back to the assassin, a cold, calculating expression on his face. "Be on high alert. Our enemies are closer than we think, and we cannot afford any more leaks. I want you to gather our most loyal men and root out any potential threats within the palace. No one can know of our plans until it is too late." The assassin nodded, understanding the gravity of the situation.

"Consider it done, your majesty. I will ensure that our ranks are filled with only those we can trust." Mu Yang's gaze shifted to a nearby window, and he could see the moon shining brightly in the night sky. "Time is of the essence. Cai's return is drawing near, and we must be ready to strike when the opportunity presents itself. Make sure our base is well-hidden and secure. We cannot afford any mistakes."

The assassin bowed respectfully before disappearing into the shadows, leaving the emperor alone with his thoughts. Mu Yang knew that the road ahead would be treacherous, but he was determined to reclaim what was rightfully his. The blood on the floor was just the beginning. The real battle was about to unfold, and Mu Yang would stop at nothing to ensure his victory.

Lui Cai Lung POV:

Cai woke up to the sensation of someone touching his body. He immediately sat up, startled, as he felt the light touches between his legs and found himself face to face with Chang dong.

"What in the gods' names do you think you're doing?"

Cai demanded, quickly getting out of bed and clutching his sleeping robes tightly around himself. He pressed his back against the stone wall.

"Don't you dare lay your filthy hands on me again." Cai trembled, but his determination shone through. He looked up at the man who had violated him in his sleep, holding his gaze firmly. Chang dong had a smirk on his face, wearing nothing but loose silk pants. He let his eyes roam all over Cai's body.

"Tell me, Bai," Chang dong gestured towards Cai with his hand.

"Where did you get the idea that you have a say in the matter?" Whether I get a taste of your delicate porcelain skin is entirely up to me, isn't it?"

"I may not have a say as your prisoner." Cai retorted, his voice quivering but filled with defiance. "But listen, Chang dong, I would rather die than let you touch me. And if I'm going to the after life, I won't go empty-handed. I will castrate you and take it with me."

Chang dong watched him carefully before bursting into laughter.

"Is that supposed to be a threat?"

Because I can assure you, that's not a threat, it's a promise. If you so much as take a step in my direction, I will follow through with it." Cai's heart pounded in his chest, but his anger and the desire to kill this animal fueled him.

"I apologize, Bai, for laughing. But if you're trying to intimidate me, your pretty face has betrayed you, my flower." Chang dong sneered, narrowing his eyes at Cai.

"I think I've exhausted myself for tonight with my wife and all, so I was just taking a little 'feel."

I'll see you again tomorrow night." Chang dong declared as he turned and walked towards the exit.

However, before he left, he turned around and locked eyes with Cai. The smile vanished from Chang dong's face, replaced by a chilling, murderous look in his eyes. "Bai." Chang dong spoke in a bone-chilling voice. "that wasn't a promise, but a guarantee that I will have you tomorrow."

Before Cai could respond, Chang dong disappeared. Cai slid down the wall, still clutching his robes tightly, his whole body trembling. The look in Chang dong's eyes was terrifying. It seemed that time had run out before Cai even had a plan for escape. Luo Chang dong surveyed the room, his gaze shifting from one companion to another as he addressed them about their plans to attack the capital and raid the farm lands, a strategy that had proven successful.

With enough resources to sustain them through the winter, they were prepared to forge ahead with their plan. However, the leaders from the north expressed concerns about the ruling power once they had overthrown the emperor, but those discussions could wait for another time.

Right now, they had gathered to discuss the missing men, and tension filled the air as everyone eagerly awaited the next steps.

"I still believe we should recall our spies." Huo Long voiced his opinion as Chang dong's right-hand man.

Chang dong often valued and heeded his counsel, but the thought of calling back their spies when the plan was progressing so well made him hesitate.

"I disagree, Lord Commander. I think we should keep them in place and bring in the young prisoner." Lui Zhang qi suggested, his voice carrying the weight of his northern heritage. Chang dong studied the man from the north, wondering what his true intentions were. He had been sent by his commander, who conveniently claimed to be unable to make the journey at the last minute. Chang dong found it hard to believe that this was a mere coincidence; he suspected that there was more to the story. That's why he had placed his own men in their midst, to keep a watchful eye on this enigmatic northerner.

"Why do you propose this?" Chang dong inquired, his curiosity piqued. Zhang Qi exchanged a knowing glance with the commander before turning his attention back to the room.

"When we analyze the facts, it becomes evident that the men disappeared while delving into the boy's background. I strongly believe this is the reason behind their mysterious vanishing," he confidently stated.

Seeing that the other leaders were now fully attentive, Luo Zhang Qi rose from his seat and began to pace around the room.

"Take a moment to consider it." he urged. "This boy was discovered right in the midst of a raging war, dressed impeccably, I must say. Not only does he possess remarkable combat skills, but his features, well, they speak volumes." The room filled with laughter as the other leaders enthusiastically nodded in agreement.