SIX

CHAPTER 6
FASCINATION

CHAPTER 6FASCINATION

TWO YEARS LATER

ALARMS blared in her ears as she finished tying the rope around the unknown man's hands and legs. She knew she needed to make this quick; she only had so much time until the enemy found her – she was on the Resistance base after all.

Raena pulled up her dark hood, making sure whatever hidden cameras that were located in the room caught no sight of her. She cocked her blaster into place as she spun back around to the one of the most important captains on the base – in fact, he happened to be the highest ranking next to General Organa, according to Hux. She knew that she did have a small army of storm troopers covering her back outside and within the base – hell, both the general and commander would never trust her to go alone with all her training over the past two years. But time never stretched in situations like this, and the troopers couldn't hold anyone off for too long.

The man in front of her fought against the ropes binding him, causing a wicked laugh to fall out of Raena's lips. Just the sound surprised her at how much she had changed over the past couple of years; the change happened to terrify her, but she wouldn't dare to let that be known.

"Struggle all you want, Captain, but here lies the end." She brought up her blaster – an upgrade with several other controls, provided by Hux – and pointed it straight at the middle of his chest. "Any last words?"

Just kill him already.

Her commander's voice rang in her ears and she groaned in disgust. No matter how well she could resist his hold, she could never escape the power he had to communicate through her mind with his own. It was thoroughly exhausting.

Get out of my head, she sent back until silence engulfed her mind once again.

"You'll never get away with this. None of you will!" The captain tried leaning in as close as he could to the malicious First Order assassin. "The darkness will forever be doomed to fall to the light."

She nodded, "Very touching."

The captain tried to scoot closer to her to do something – anything – but his struggle only left him weaker. "Who even are you anyways?"

"Who am I? Why, I'm a Nhagy," she bragged, directing her blaster in the chosen area again as her hood fell just enough for the captain to catch her eyes. "I win."

She pulled back on the trigger for several shots until she felt the splatter of blood stain her clothes. Her eyes strained to keep themselves open as her stomach roared. She felt nothing – absolutely nothing – and if just the vicious laugh she once let out scared her enough, she couldn't begin to explain her terror at her now emotionless state.