SEVEN

CHAPTER 7
BIG FAN, BIG FAN

RAENA and a small pack of storm troopers had returned from their latest mission extremely early the next morning

RAENA and a small pack of storm troopers had returned from their latest mission extremely early the next morning. The mission was unexpected, but needed to be done. Hux had gotten word of an important blueprint of a new base that the Resistance was planning to use against them and rumored to be held by a civilian on Corellia, but all Raena had returned with was another new stain of dried blood on her cloak.

"He didn't know anything," she had told the general. "Trust me, I tried the best I could – almost took his kid for leverage – but he really didn't know anything."

Hux shook his head before returning to his chambers, where Raena and the troopers had so graciously woken him up when they came back at four AM. The female assassin turned back to the body of troopers idling behind her, and with a wave of her hands, she mumbled, "You may all go."

Raena yawned while retreating to her own room. As she typed her password into the console, she realized how much her bedroom didn't look like one. It always reminded her more of a prison cell, despite how she was grateful for being giving the chance at life when she was first captured. A small desk sat in the corner, a tablet placed densely upon it, and then a large bed was pushed onto the other side. The only personal object she had left was a small photo of her parents from when she was a child that she always made sure to keep on her person.

She hadn't even changed out of her tunic and cape when she had lied down on the fluffy mattress, immediately dozing off. She hugged her pillow close to her, sleeping so peacefully for a mere four hours, until her door started to buzz. Raena opened her extremely sleep-deprived eyes – god, no wonder why she was so weak – and opened the sliding door, seeing a storm trooper standing outside of it. "What?" She mumbled, rubbing her eyes.

"You have a meeting today at nine, Officer. I was told to wake you."

She sighed, signaling with her fingers for him to leave before grabbing her clothes and heading to the bathrooms. She walked all the way over to the shower area, stripping from her clothes that she should've ripped off as soon as she arrived back on the ship, and then allowed the shower head to soak herself in water. Raena always approved of taking her showers early in the morning anyways; it meant less people were doing the same thing. Seeing as the fleet only had public bathrooms, the more privacy you got, the better.

Raena leaned her head on the tiled wall in front of her, letting the water rain on top of her head as a dark pair of eyes clouded her thoughts. Just thinking about the awkward moment from yesterday sent a shiver down her spine, but in all honesty, she wanted to speak with him without the helmet. She was just generally curious. The mask made him Kylo Ren, someone to be feared, but without it, Raena did not feel any of that. Why was she overthinking this small instance yet again?

Rinsing her hair one last time, she turned the shower off and grabbed her clothes to change. She pulled on her normal clothes for the day – a black button down blouse and dark pants – before throwing her hair into a tight braid. She took a look in the mirror at herself, but didn't see herself staring back. What she saw was someone entirely different. She spotted a trained, emotionless assassin with tired eyes, who begged for sleep more than anything else.