TWENTY EIGHT

CHAPTER 28
THE SPARK

CHAPTER 28THE SPARK

GENERAL Hux stared at the chaos insinuating on the outside of the Supremacy. He smiled slightly at all the damage, knowing fully well that they had done their job. The general always trained his fleet and cadets well. Fire exploded into the dark space as the Raddus was seemingly obliterated from their universe, but it still wasn't enough for Hux. The fight wasn't done yet. Clasping his hands behind his back, General Hux turned to the lower ranking officer beside him. "What is the point of all this if we can't blow up three tiny cruisers?" He asked, venom laced in his tone.

"They're faster and lighter, sir," the officer to his left said. "They can't lose us, but they can keep it arranged where our canons are ineffective against their shields."

Hux sighed heavily through his nose. "Well, keep up the mirage. Let it at least remind them that we're still here."

Before the officer could reply, a group of three captains adorning their signature light gray uniforms approached Hux. The general turned with a lifted brow. All of them looked as if they were out of breath from running. "What is it, captains? We're a bit ... busy."

The captain in the front had been hunching himself forward as he caught his breath. After a moment, he stood back up, straight as a board. "Foreign ship has entered the hangar, general."

Hux lifted his chin, looking down at the group with disdain.

"We think it's ... Officer Nhagy," the captain finished.

The words took Hux a minute to realize they were true. His eyes went wide, an expression he rarely used to show his shock. Without even acknowledging the captains, Hux began his descent to the hangar. The general never ran so fast than he did now.

•••

The Supremacy's hangar entrance had been opened to allow their trailing ships passage. Raena whizzed past them in her own, pressing her lever forward to go faster. Steering her ship into the familiar First Order hangar was one of the most nerve-wracking things she'd ever done. She felt a lump in her throat, one that she struggled to swallow down. The remaining fleets of First Order pilots flew into the hangar and parked themselves next to her evac ship, allowing the hangar door to close with a slam.

The armed pilots stepped out of their cockpits cautiously, cocking their heads to the side at the sight of the foreign ship parked in the middle of their hangar. Raena breathed heavily from the inside. Groups of stormtroopers gathered near the hangar's base, waiting for her to depart from the ship. Raena's hands shook tremendously, but she knew her mission. She knew she had to do this.

From the second story of the hangar, Gerardo Mason and Pacey Blando watched the scene unfold below them. The two both adorned new uniforms, rather than their trainee garb from months ago. Gerardo wore his custom black sergeant uniform, while Pacey, now a lieutenant, walked about in his recent light gray clothes. Gerardo's brow lifted at the sight of the strange ship, wondering who could be inside. "Do you think it's the Resistance?"