THIRTY NINE

CHAPTER 39
FULFILLING DESTINY

CHAPTER 39FULFILLING DESTINY

TWO stormtroopers walked ahead of Raena, guiding her to the back of the ship, where Snoke's throne room was placed. Raena swallowed hard as her mind ran with questions. Why did he need to see her? What did they mean by "business?" Did someone – somehow – find out about Commander Ren kissing her? She didn't have any answers for her thoughts, and she was left in the dark as her feet thudded against the floor.

They were nearing the elevator. Raena's breath quickened. She knew this wasn't going to end well, but she found herself momentarily distracted by the sight of a familiar brunette in tattered clothes. Raena glanced quickly to her left, eyes bugging out of her skull when she saw the scavenger girl, Rey, walking past her. She was surrounded by stormtroopers with her hands cuffed behind her. Raena didn't have time to stop and ask questions as she was ushered inside the elevator. The doors closed when Rey looked over her shoulder, locking eyes with Raena for a brief moment.

She stood in front of the troopers now. Raena's temper mixed with her confusion, causing both moods to sky-rocket. Suddenly, all she could feel was the blaster hanging from the holster on her belt. With a blast of adrenaline, Raena spun around and shoved one of the troopers into the elevator wall, completely shattering the glass. The other stormtrooper grabbed her arm, but she elbowed his helmet into the same wall. Glass covered the elevator floor. Raena then pulled out her blaster, tugging on the trigger without thinking and sending a blast into the first trooper's helmet. She did the same to the second trooper, but missed by hitting him in the leg when he tried to fight her off. After the scuffle, she sent another blast to his helmet, causing both of them to fall limp on the ground. As the scent of burning blaster bolts wafted into the air, Raena realized that was all for nothing. She couldn't get out of this situation no matter how many stormtroopers she killed.

As she tucked her blaster into it's holster, the elevator doors open, and Raena was gifted with the hideous sight of Supreme Leader Snoke. "I see we had an issue on the way here," Snoke bellowed, watching Raena walk over the dead stormtroopers littering the elevator's floor.

"You could say that," she muttered while entering the throne room. Guards stood in sections and within feet of the supreme leader. Raena eyed them with suspicion as she walked forward. Snoke still sported the same gold robes, accented with long, shiny beads and expensive fabric.

"Officer Nhagy," Snoke sighed in false happiness, "it feels like we haven't seen each other since you returned."

Raena's stare viewed around the room. "That's because we haven't."

Snoke grinned devilishly. "Ah, yes – you're right, and this left you a lot of time to mingle around with your peers again. Talk filters around this ship quickly, Raena Nhagy. How could you forget that?"