TWENTY FIVE

CHAPTER 25
UNBALANCED

AS Kylo Ren made his way to his Supreme Leader's throne room, he felt his hands clench

AS Kylo Ren made his way to his Supreme Leader's throne room, he felt his hands clench. He has been in this room many times before, whether it be for trainings or conferences, but this time was different. After hearing of General Hux's failure to repel the bombers from their dreadnought, Kylo predicted this meeting would be nothing but cold feelings. He had done nothing wrong, but knowing Snoke, his anger over the attack would be reflected onto him. Kylo could not blame him, seeing as he picked up the habit too.

He walked into the throne room as Hux was leaving. A satisfied grin was spread on his features, causing Kylo to wince underneath his mask. His scar, though it was fully healed, hurt at the action. Every month he would go back to the medical wing for a check through, but he could never ignore the surge of pain that would shred through him at the memory of the scavenger's lightsaber tearing through his skin.

Snoke chuckled softly upon Kylo's entrance. "It's been tossed around by our medics that you haven't been ... well." He said darkly, cracking his knuckles. "Of course, your wound is healed, but something else is not. The General has told me the medics said you haven't been breathing correctly. 'A heart problem,' they murmur. Is this true, Ren? A heart condition?"

Kylo paused, cursing himself for being seen in the medical wing far too many times in the past months. The Supreme Leader's words were indeed true. During training, he hadn't been breathing correctly, and he regretted that his heart may be two beats too slow. He visited the medics, who didn't have a clue to the reason why his body wasn't well. They told him they would conduct more research, and it seems they had, but just didn't reveal their answers.

"It's nothing," Kylo finally replied.

Snoke stood from his throne. "The mighty Kylo Ren," he called, standing a foot over the commander. "When I found you ... oh, I saw what all masters live to see: raw, untamed power. And beyond that, something truly special: the potential of your bloodline anew. A Vader reborn." He paused as his scarred face was just inches from Kylo's mask. His breath was heavy against the younger male. "Now, I fear ... I was mistaken."

Kylo tilted his mask upward. Underneath it, his brow was creasing. "I gave everything I had to you ... to the dark side."

"Take that ridiculous thing off," Snoke ordered.

With shaky hands, Kylo unlocked his mask and slid it off his head. Dark strands of mangled, black hair covered half of his face, his scar still prevalent on his pale skin. He frowned and didn't meet the Supreme Leader's eyes.

"Ah, yes, there it is." Snoke said with anger laced in his calming tone. "You have too much of your father's heart in you, young Solo."

"I killed Han Solo," Kylo fought back. "When the moment came, I didn't hesitate."