ELEVEN

CHAPTER 11
FAMILY HEIRLOOM

RAENA couldn't believe it

RAENA couldn't believe it. She ended up caring for her captor.

In an odd twist of fate, she didn't refer to Commander Ren as that anymore as well. She didn't know if she had ever been so grateful to be kidnapped. She missed her home and Maz, but Raena knew deep down that there was nothing for her on Takodana. The First Order – although it was not executed very well – gave her a place again, a meaning for the history books. They gave her a title, a friendship, and even a love.

Kylo was still coming to terms with his feelings and the fact that he didn't want to feel. He had never tried so desperately to love and feel numb at the same time, even though he knew it was useless. He wanted her to get out of his head, but also stay at the same time. He didn't need to open up to someone, but he knew he never had anyone to open up to before she had offered to help him. Grasping the idea that he wanted her in general was terrifying, and he rued the day that Snoke would somehow invade his mind to find out.

He had given her the password to his chambers, where she met him every night when everyone else fell asleep. She always arrived on time after training for the day, and she started to notice that the late nights didn't bother her. She wasn't tired anymore. In fact, the night time made her feel more alive.

Raena snuck around the corridors that night, hastily pounding the digits to his door's lock until it opened. She walked into the never-changing darkness of the room, the only light coming from the large window on the side that gave the lucky a view of the outside world. He spun when the doors closed behind her, sending her a smile – an expression she never thought she'd get the privilege to see – and gesturing for her to stand with him.

She strode over to the balcony in front of his window, taking in the glow of the galaxy at the latest of hours. "You have a pretty nice view," she commented, marveling at the scene before her.

"I always do," he replied, and when she looked over, she noticed he was staring at her.

She couldn't stop her grin as she muttered, "I'm talking about the galaxy."

He pulled her close, already relishing in the moment they had together. He didn't know he could hate the quickness of time before he felt for her. "I'd rather look at you," he murmured against her lips.

"Why?"

He kissed her lips lightly, savoring the flavor of bitter coffee that stained her mouth. "Because you have more galaxies in your eyes than the stars in the sky."

Her honey-glazed eyes connected with his own, like she could feel herself succumbing to the darkness before her. She knew he wasn't a liar, but she could never understand how someone could describe her as if she were a poem, or even something more important than the damn stars above them. He was standing before her, comparing her to a work of art, while his eyes were so dark that she was sure they were reflecting off the window beside them. She wanted to call him out, to say that he had fucking galaxies in his eyes and she couldn't find a single star in her own.