TWENTY TWO

CHAPTER 22
RESURRECTION

KYLO hunched his back as he sat in the coldness of his room

No light shined in on his chambers, the darkness surrounding him quite literally. He could admit that he hadn't been himself lately, despite the overwhelming power forming within him. He had never felt more alive, but also so numb, and Kylo wasn't sure if that was a good or bad.

The vision of her infected his mind like a disease on a daily basis, as if her spirit could intoxicate him even more after death. It was like some kind of magical, witchy bullshit that Ben had been told in stories as a kid that Kylo wished he could forget. He looked down at his hands, the image of her blood coating his fingers causing him to immediately look away.

He remembered the way Snoke had smiled at him, that he was glad that Kylo had finally fulfilled his destiny to his inspiration, Darth Vader. At the end of the day, Kylo had spoken with General Hux of what he'd done, almost surprised at his disappointed expression. Although, the commander had told all the crew that she had left in a pod without permission, and they had no way of finding her location within the galaxy, for she had ripped out the ship's tracker. He made them believe that she was lost forever – a gone girl.

Little did he know that one of the loneliest cadets, by the name of Gerardo, knew of what happened on that last mission and he would take that information to the grave. He was the only member on the ship that didn't give in to the commander's lie one bit and grew to have a terrible disliking to him. Knowing the truth wrecked Gerardo from the inside out, because he felt from deep within his soul that their own commander had killed the First Order assassin.

Kylo had suggested to Hux that the only way to preserve her body without the crew knowing of his lie was to burn it, but the general immediately shot down that idea. He urged the commander to reconsider dropping her body on her home of Takodana. Though Kylo thought that to be foolish, Hux convinced him this was a good way. She was left on the earthy planet to rot beneath a tree's roots the day after her death.

A knock sounded at his door, startling the commander. Using the Force from his fingertips, Kylo slid the door open with a wave of his right hand.

"Commander Ren," an unknown member of the crew called, "General Hux wishes to speak with you."

Kylo sighed. "Tell him I'll be with him in a moment."

The crew member stood there, watching his superior continue to sit in the darkness of his chambers. Him and his fellow workers had talked about this amongst each other, suggesting that while she was alive, the commander and the assassin were involved in their own love affair, and that could be the reason for his current depressed state. But in public, Commander Ren had never been more of a leader.

"Sir," he spoke again, "it's ... it's been a month. I don't believe Officer Nhagy is coming back."

Suddenly, Kylo's head lashed in the direction of the crew member, extending his hand out as the Force brought forth the unknown man. He choked beneath the commander's hard grasp, trying his best to breathe but without success.