FORTY ONE

CHAPTER 41
THE TRAITOR

CHAPTER 41THE TRAITOR

THE Supremacy was split in two.

It happened within an instant. After evacuating themselves from the Raddus and into transport ships, the Resistance was sure they were in the clear. Vice Admiral Holdo stayed behind on the Raddus to distract the First Order, but after DJ sold out Finn and Rose for a prize, General Hux commanded his troops to fire at the transport trips. In an effort to dispel the First Order's attack, Vice Admiral Holdo rammed the Raddus into the Supremacy at lightspeed, causing the ship to split in two.

The result left the whole ship in flames. The Supremacy's cargo exploded in thin air, and their escort troops were destroyed, along with Captain Phasma. Luckily for Pacey Blando and Gerardo Mason, they had been on their way to the hangar to instruct their own groups of cadets. The explosion had sent them across the ship, most likely killing their troops in the hangar. Gerardo had blacked out for a few minutes, leaving Pacey to carry him to the other end of the ship for shelter. They boarded an escape shuttle with other lieutenants, and when he finally woke up, it was Gerardo who immediately asked where Raena Nhagy was. The couple remembered hearing from another sergeant that the last they saw of her was heading to meeting with Snoke. They prayed to the gods that she was okay.

Back in the dim throne room, General Hux watched the lower half of Snoke's body fall to the ground. He huffed an angry sigh, looking around at the chaos engulfing the room. The Red Guard laid lifeless. Snoke's form was torn in two pieces, with his tongue hanging out of his mouth. Flames shot up in different portions of the room, but Hux still shook with fury. He turned to his right, noticing an unconscious Kylo Ren on the floor. Raena Nhagy laid beside him, and Hux took note that both had their arms were outstretched towards each other, hands just barely meeting to touch. The general shook his head before kicking Kylo's knee.

The commander woke up with a jolt, using his elbows to shake himself awake. He looked up and met Hux's eyes. "What ... happened?" The general asked, his blue eyes flaming.

Kylo gasped slightly at a pain in his side. With gritted teeth, he lied, "The girl murdered Snoke." He stood up from the ground, looking over his shoulder to see his past-lover still passed out on the floor. Kylo's forehead was still throbbing from striking his skull into hers. "She tried to kill Officer Nhagy, but ... she'll come back in a few hours."

"The girl took Snoke's escape craft," Hux informed as a burst of sparks reigned down on the floor.

Kylo's eyes scanned the explosion covering the room, almost not believing the sight. "We know where she's going. Get all our forces down to that Resistance base on Crait. Let's finish this." Kylo began to walk away from the general, but not before hoisting Raena Nhagy from the ground and carrying her away. His arms roared with pain, but he held it together.