THIRTY

CHAPTER 30
INCOMPETENCE

KYLO found General Hux talking to a new batch of recruits on the upper level of the Supremacy

KYLO found General Hux talking to a new batch of recruits on the upper level of the Supremacy. He was standing in front of at least twenty trainees, instructing them on their duties for the day and what was to be expected of them in the future. Kylo knew this was an important meeting, but he didn't care in this moment. Even as the group of recruits stared at his scarred face in horror, Kylo still approached the general with anger in his eyes. Before he could ask why the commander was bothering him, Hux was being dragged away by his arm.

"Unhand me, you fool!" Hux demanded as Kylo quickly removed his grip. The general tore his arm away, holding it close to his chest with his other hand. He looked to the commander with a furrowed brow, realizing that Kylo had brought them into an abandoned corridor. "What is the meaning of this?! I was in the middle of –"

Lights flickered above Kylo's head as he took a step closer to Hux, his eyes never leaving the general's. "What did you do?" Hux sent him a blank stare. Kylo found his vision narrowing. His mouth flattened to a frown as he shoved the general's shoulders back. "Answer me!"

Hux now realized what the commander was speaking of. Kylo must have somehow seen or interacted with Raena Nhagy, and as much as the general just wanted to shake his head in defeat right now, he lifted his chin at Kylo's comment.

The commander tsked under his breath. "I knew it was odd for us not to burn her body," he muttered. "You knew the whole time! You did something! What – did you wait for her to come back this entire time?"

"You listen to me, Ren," Hux spat, stepping close to the commander with a finger pointed at his chest. "I would give my life to this military. I've prepared for it my whole life, and I will not let you take away our best forces just for the sake of saving yourself. I knew what was going to happen, so I prevented it. We need Officer Nhagy. I will not let her skills and name fall into the Resistance's hands. Keep yourself together and there won't be a repeat of what happened."

Kylo blinked rapidly. "I didn't kill her for myself," he argued. "I did it for the Supreme Leader, who is going to be very interested in knowing how Raena Nhagy suddenly awoke from the dead."

Hux rolled his eyes.

"How ..." The commander's voice trailed off, confusion taking over. "How did you do it?"

"That's none of your business."

Kylo sighed angrily. "Yes, it is."

Hux tsked loudly before beginning to walk out of the abandoned hall. But Kylo's firm grip was pulling his arm back, yanking on his sleeve forcefully. "Leave me alone!" Hux exclaimed, ripping his arm away again.

"What are we going to say to the Supreme Leader?" Kylo asked, arms spread out. "He's going to find out. He probably already knows."

Hux shook his head. "Do I really have to explain everything to you?" He replied in an annoyed tone. "The Supreme Leader can't do much to her now. Officer Nhagy does not have the ability to die anymore. This military is all she has left for her long life, so we convince the Supreme Leader why he still needs her. I'll be damned if Snoke decides to let her go and the Resistance gets to her." His eyes went narrow at Kylo's softened expression. "Don't fuck this up, Ren."