THIRTY FIVE

CHAPTER 35
CRACKING

CHAPTER 35CRACKING

RAENA watched the Raddus' detoriation from the large window in the control. General Hux, with the help of his other colleagues was able to track their location yet again, and determined that they were, indeed, headed in the direction of Crait. Raena hated that she had to sit back and watched the Resistance's fleet be destroyed – again. As much as she wanted to tell herself she really was not part of the Resistance and that she was only here for her own plan, she couldn't help but yearn to save the people who gave her a home. She came back to the First Order to relay as much information as she could, but even she didn't expect this attack.

She wondered if General Organa was okay ... She hoped for the safety of Poe, and especially, Indira ... She prayed that Finn stayed safe, even when he was reluctant to trust her. They all were, but they still gave her a home once. Raena was a flawed human; she went back and forth between who she fought for, but she would always remember when someone sheltered her.

The Supremacy sent out pilots to further blast away the rest of the Raddus. Raena watched with a solemn expression, though her stare remained blank. "Officer Nhagy," the general called. Raena turned slowly, becoming stoic. "Would you agree that the Raddus is directing towards Crait? My lieutenant here doesn't agree."

Raena approached the hologram beaming in front of General Hux and his colleague. With a short look back at the Raddus from outside her window, Raena nodded, though she also found her guilt surfacing. "Yes," she agreed, "and I think we've also concluded that this is ... a typical move for them. Crait holds a former Rebellion base that they can use for safety."

The lieutenant scoffed, disregarding her comments. "They're keeping themselves beyond range. Their freight chamber is out of fuel, and its shields are down. Their bombers are near."

"The beginning of their end," Hux muttered. "Destroy it."

Raena swallowed hard. She turned back to the window, biting her nail as she watched a fleet of Resistances bombers implode into space. She hoped – gods, did she hope – the people she cared for were safe.

•••

After witnessing the destroying of Resistance bombers and other fleets, Raena had wanted nothing more than to head to her chambers and send out a message through her com. She just needed to tell them that ... things would be okay, even though she knew it was a lie. She felt like she needed to lie at this moment. Sometimes, lying was a good thing. Although, the last thing Raena expected was for Hux to approach her about Kylo Ren.

"Have you noticed Ren ..." The general waved his hand, trying to think of another word. "... Talking to himself?"

Raena flickered her eyes around awkwardly. "What?"