Why is she out of your room?

SOPHIE'S POV

Gerard pulled me into him and held me, I hugged him back slowly resting my weak wrist on his shoulder. I could see him smile.

"Let's get out of this room" He said standing up slowly and I stood up and he took my hand gently, I don't understand why he was so gentle with me? We walked out of the room and he kept a close eye on me, we walked downstairs and into the living room where Frank sat. I gulped and held Gerard's hand tighter not looking at Frank.

"Where's Sarah?" Gerard asked

"Sleeping" He replied bluntly, we both sat on the sofa and I looked at the floor. I could tell Frank was looking at me but I never returned his gaze. "Why is she out of your room?" Frank questioned Gerard and he let go of my hand slowly.

"She'll behave" Gerard whispered

"Like she did last time?" He scoffed and Gerard shot him a look.

"I'm right next to her this time" Gerard snapped defending me, I wanted to smirk but Frank probably would've hit me. Frank shook his head and walked off. Gerard wrapped his arm around my waist and smiled at me, he pulled me close and I rest my head on his shoulder, I looked at the living room, It looked cosy.

"Thanks for defending me" I whispered still slightly scared.

"I told you I'd protect you" He whispered back in my ear, his breath tickled my skin and it sent a shiver down my spine. We both just sat there peacefully for about 5 minutes. I pulled away and sat up rubbing my eyes, I felt sleepy but I didn't want to sleep.

"What now?" I asked and he shrugged

"Stay here" He told me standing up and walking out of the room, I turned around to face the door and walked to it opening it slowly. I walked out of the door and stared into the desert, The car wasn't here and it would be stupid trying to run. I walked down the steps and sat down on the bottom one. I heard someone run outside but stop. Someone sat beside me and stared at me confused, "You didn't run?" Gerard asked confused.

"Why would I? I have no where else to go" I lied, I want to manipulate him and then strike him when his weak.

"I'm glad you said that" He smiled and put his arm around my waist, I stared into the desert whilst he smiled at me, I squinted my eyes to see If I could see any buildings in the distance but I couldn't see anything. "What are you trying to find?" He asked

"Nothing, the sun and the dirt's going into my eyes" I lied smiling at him, he stood up pulling me up with him and we walked into the house. I'll wait till the cars back and plan my escape. Tessa will need help getting out because of her limp. I'm sure Joey can run good and drive If not I will and Sarah can help Tessa.