Twenty-Four: Interruptions☹️

~Tyler's POV~

The way those bright blue eyes looked at me was absolutely unforgettable. His entire face lit up when he seen me standing in that doorway. Zoe insisted that she went in first, which kind of made me a little jealous, but just seeing him now made up for that entirely.

"T-Ty-Tyler?" He stammers, his voice coming out in a pitiful squeak "I thought you were busy."

"I was" I pause "well, I am. But we've gotta talk." I sit on the left side of his bed, smiling at him.

Troye's face goes from happy to tense in a matter of seconds. His expression saddens when I ask Zoe and the nurse as politely as possible to exit. After all, we were going to be talking about stuff he probably didn't want everyone to know.

"Troye" I whisper "I miss you so much."

"Really?" he questions, his face expressionless.

"Of course, you piece of shit" I laugh. I look at his arm, planning to playfully punch, but I see all the IV's and I decide that's not the best idea right now.

"I miss you, too so much. You don't even know-" I cut him off.

"Why?" I ask, unable to stop myself. I feel tears beginning to well up in my eyes.

"Oh" he says, looking away from me "it's not what you think, Tyler."

"Well then tell me, because I'm not leaving Florence until I fix you, at least a little bit."

"Why do you care so much anyway, Tyler?" Troye blurts "I'm sorry-"

"Really, you're asking me why I care? Because, believe it or not, I love you. Okay. It doesn't matter if we 'broke up' or not. I still fucking love you, a lot." The tears that were once welling up in my eyes quickly begin falling as Troye squeezes my hand.

"Tyler-you have no idea how much I love you" he whispers "I just wanted to be happy. I didn't want to die, or anything like that, I literally just wanted to be happy and fix myself so I could come right back to you."

"Troye" I wince at his words "I didn't know us breaking up hurt you that much, I mean, you're the one that broke up with me, after all-"

"It was the schedule. You're busy, I'm busy, I was too attached and I thought a break would be healthy but it's not. I'm already in love with you and that's the problem."

"It's a problem?" I question, annoyance seeping into my voice.

"Because I've never fallen in love, Tyler. I've never gotten my heart truly broken before, and I don't know how I'm going to handle it or if I'm good at this whole love thing-" Troye stops himself "I'm overthinking again, aren't I?"

"I'm not going to intentionally break your heart, Troye Sivan" I say, his eyes staring at me intently. While he stares at me, I take in his features. His already frail looking body looks even worse now, with all these IV's and needles in his hands. The poor boy looks even smaller in that gown, which I know he must hate. His eyes look, well, tired. Tired, stressed, and hurt. He looks like he's been through so much. His hair is still moist, tangled and messy. He still looks so damn beautiful to me.

"And yes, you are overthinking. I'm here now. I'm not leaving. We need to fix this. Fix us."

"I-I'm sorry" Troye says, beginning to cry himself. "I'm sorry for all of this, I fuck everything up."

"Shh" I whisper, gently lying my head on his chest. I hear his rapid heartbeat, causing me to grow tense "it's okay, baby."

"No, no it's not. All I do is bother people, I'm such a worthless piece of-" he starts. I quickly hold his face in my small hands, planting a longing kiss on his soft lips. He eases into my touch, and I begin smiling into the kiss. I pull away, looking at his bright red face.

"I'm sorry" he whispers again, his eyes longing.

"So, what are you going to do once you get out of here?" I question with a smile, trying to change the subject a little too quickly.

"I-um" he bites his lip, confused. I can't help but giggle at his puzzled expression, how I completely took him off guard.

"I dunno, I might take a break from tour" he looks down "what about you? What are you into?"

"Nothing, now. Don't get me wrong, YouTube is a very time consuming thing, but the movie isn't as much of a focus now, and I'm at a relatively nice point to take a break." This causes Troye to smile, looking at me like a kid at a shining, new toy.

"Good, that's good. Well, maybe we could give this whole Troyler thing a chance again?" Troye questions, raising an eyebrow at me. This time, I can't hold myself back from playfully punching him in the chest, causing him to fake whimper and roll his eyes.

"What about Tronnor?" I question under my breath.

"Tronnor?" Troye laughs, his eyes wide "because he's taking time off to come see me without permission, you think that I would move on that fast?"

"Sorry" I whisper.

"No, that's bizarre. I'm not into him" Troye laughs "he's cute, but he's not my type." The air is silent between us, while we look at each other, both with goofy grins on our faces.

"I dunno, Troye. About this whole, Troyler thing. The fans, they'll go fucking crazy. And, what if we do end up breaking up? Would you do some dumb shit like this again?" I joke at first, but turn serious.

"They will go crazy, but that's a good thing" he winks "no, I've learned my lesson from Sage. She's let me have it so much over these past few days-" Troye starts.

"Oh shit" he whispers suddenly.

"What is it?" I question, following his gaze to the doorway. Standing in the doorway, is the feisty,  harsh, over protective sister we had only hoped hadn't been here to interrupt our conversation.