Thirty-Five: Search

~Tyler's POV~

I wake up to Troye's long arms wrapped around my waist. There couldn't be much of a better feeling. I turn my head slightly to see his face nuzzled in my shoulder, his mouth agape and his eyes shut; he was still peacefully asleep. I plant a soft kiss in his hair, smiling at my beautiful Troye boy.

He suddenly grunts, startling me.

"Troye?" I question, barley audible.

"Babe" he says, his eyes still closed. He squeezes me tightly, kissing my neck lightly.

"Good morning to you too" I smile, loving our morning cuddles. As much as I hate to, I scoot to the edge of the bed, dragging a sleepy Troye with me, and check my phone. I see Zoe has texted and called me, and it's nearly ten in the morning. We stayed up until around three this morning, laughing and making puns, but then later we'd have deep conversations.

He grunts again, a frown coming upon my lips.

"I need to call Zoe, boo" I say quietly, kissing his hair again. He groans rather loudly, squeezing me again.

"Okay" he says eventually, letting go of me.

"Sorry" I bite my lip "it will only take a second."

I walk inside the bathroom, dialing Zoe's number. She answers almost instantly, and this is when I know something's up; she never answers the first call.

"Tyler" she says first thing "please tell me it's you."

"It's me" I say slowly "what exactly-"

"It's Connor. Something's wrong. Something has to be. He'd usually be back from his one night stand by now. Or, I mean, unless morning sex, or, something awful-" she starts.

"Slow down Zoe, what are you saying?"

"I think he was raped."

"Now how do you know?" I question with a yawn "maybe he's making him breakfast. What did you say his name was again?"

"Dominic, Duncan, something like that."

"Well, maybe Dominic-" I start.

"It was Duncan. I remember now. Sorry. Continue?"

The name. That god awful, fiendish name. I wince at the name, bawling up my free hand into a fist. I grow tense, and start to remember the words he said to me. This couldn't be the same thing. If it was, why do I care? ...What am I saying? What if it is the same Duncan and he's back in the act? It doesn't matter who it is, rape is wrong, and I have to help whoever I can.

"I understand why you worry" I say my words carefully "but I'm sure Connor is fine."

"He would have texted me or something wouldn't he? Or Troye? Did he text Troye? Or you? Or tweet?" Zoe says, her breath choppy.

"Zoe-"

"I've been pacing all morning, trying and trying to call him. I'm sorry, I just, I don't want anything to happen to him. He is my friend after all."