Thirty-Six: Face To Face

Btw the picture is kind of what I imagine Duncan looking like. As a side note I've been watching Troye's tour videos and tEARING UP BC MY LIL BABY HAS CAME SO FAR FROM MAKING COVERS OF SONGS TO HIS OWN ALBUM AND BEING ON TOUR JUst so proud sorry. Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

~Troye's POV~

Anxiety is becoming my worst nightmare at the moment. But, I can't let Tyler know that. We're going to "save" or "mend" Connor from who we think is the same evil person who raped Tyler. I'm shaking just picturing this man. If I see him, I'm afraid I'll hurt him and won't be able to stop. He hurt Tyler so bad, he's still effected after all these years. I'm not a violent person at all, but in this case, this sicko deserves it.

But what if it's not him?

If this man is another awful man that raped Connor, I don't think I'd be as likely to hurt him. I'd probably just take Connor out of the situation the nicest way I can and just fix up Connor once we got him back to the hotel room. Rape is wrong, I'm not saying it's not, but because I'm closer with Tyler (obviously), I'm obliged to protect him more than Connor.

"You almost done in there? I have to look in the mirror one last time before we go" Tyler questions, bringing me back to my senses. I'm currently in the bathroom, just staring at the full body mirror. I'm not even focused on my appearance, I'm just so worried I'm shaking.

"Hey, Tilly?" I question, my voice sounding almost foreign  to me.

"Yeah babe?"

"Can you get me out my emergency medication? I need to take some before this whole ordeal goes down" I bite my bottom lip hard, causing the color to drain out.

"Two pills, right? That's how many you're supposed to take when you're anxious?" he questions, fumbling around. I hear him unzipping my suitcase and opening the bottle; he's still so scared I'm going to take too many.

"Yeah, thank you" I retaliate, still looking in the mirror. My face is drained of color, as is my bottom lip now that I've bit on it so hard. My outfit is cute, considering I'm wearing Tyler's pizza shirt and some black jeans and white shoes. My hair actually doesn't look too bad, surprisingly, considering I've been running my fingers through it nonstop; it's an anxiety thing.

"Can I come in?" Tyler questions, knocking on the bathroom door.

"Yeah" I say, unlocking the door, allowing him to come in. He's holding a white mug along with my two pills. He's smiling, but I can tell he's about to break.

"Tyler" I say, shakily placing my hands on his shoulders "we need to talk this through."

"You're right, I kind of just agreed and made you come with me" Tyler frowns "sorry."

"I'm more worried about you, to be honest" I say, staring him directly in the eyes. His eyes are glazing over, and I know he's about to explode.

"Take your medicine, then we'll talk" Tyler says, handing me the two small pills and the mug. I drink the green tea, swallowing the pills. For once, they don't leave an awful after taste. Or maybe I was too focused on Tyler to even notice the disgusting residue.

"Alright, we're talking now."

Tyler and I walk into the bedroom and sit on his large bed. He squeezes my hand, and he looks at me.