Prologue

A/N: So, sorry if it starts out sucky, I'll try to improve my writing. I just REALLY wanted to write it. My imagination is a bit wild, so excuse any weird situations or ideas in this story. Anyway... hope you like it :D

~ Alexis' P.O.V 6 Years old ~

"Daddy! Daddy, will you tell me a bedtime story. Please." I begged with wide, puppy-dog eyes.

I was so naive back then. Oblivious to everything, unaware of all the dangerous things that were happening around me. It wasn't my fault I was kept in the dark though. All I knew about the situation was that every time a bunch of men left the castle, only a few of them ever came back. Dad always told me the men that left were going on a vacation and they were somewhere peaceful now. Little did I know, a war was happening and it was all my fault. Back then, I thought I was just another ordinary werewolf... oh, how I couldn't have been more wrong.

Dad smiled at me, but it didn't reach his eye's. I should've noticed back then, but I was too self absorbed to. "Sure, Princess. " Letting go of the door handle, he strode back over to my bed and sat down on my pink duvet. He tapped his chin, thoughtfully and asked. "What story would you like to hear, sweetheart?"

My wide brown eyes twinkled with happiness. "Can you tell me one I haven't heard yet?" I asked, while sitting up in bed, giving my father all my attention.

Smiling, he replied. "Okay then. This story is called, The Blue Moon. It's a story about a little girl, just like you." He flicked my nose with his thumb, causing me to giggle.

Taking a deep, preparing breath, he started the story I knew I'd never forget.

"Once upon a time, in the depths of a forest, lived a tribe. The leader's wife was going to have a baby and everyone was happy. On December the 17th, she was born. It was no ordinary night though, the Moon Goddess had summoned a full moon to celebrate her birth and it shone above them, lighting a path to her destiny. Their celebration was cut short when another tribe attacked. Her father, the tribe's leader, escaped the village with his daughter and left his wife behind. He somehow knew that his daughter was destined for great things. Running through the swirling snowflakes, he arrived at a wolf's den. Placing his new born daughter in a nearby shrub, he prayed "May the wolf and moon spirits look after you. Never forget what you are. I love you..." Shouting and thundering footsteps cut his goodbye short and he ran in a different direction. The baby, left all alone, stayed silent, while the moon shone down.

In the early hours of the winter morning, the wolf pack woke, ready for an early hunt, only to be disturbed by a strange scent. The Alpha male and female followed the scent and it led to a small human baby. But this scent was not only human, it was mixed with a wolves. Deciding the baby was no threat, the rescued her and raised her as their own. She soon grew up and did everything a wolf would do, but on her 16th birthday... she changed. Her whole body morphed and in her place stood a blue furred wolf. Amazed by this, the wolves worshipped her and she became legend.

"Alexis. Do you know who she was?" My father asked me.

I tilted my head in confusion. "No, who is she daddy?"

"She was the first of our kind, the first ever werewolf. Her name was Blue and she has been the only blue wolf since..." He trailed off.

"Since who, dad?" I was such a curious child back then.

"Uh, no one sweetheart. She's been the only blue wolf." My 6 year old self left the question unanswered. Only, I really wanted to know what he was going to say. I felt like it had something to do with me.

"Okay, daddy, goodnight. Love you." Kissing his cheek, I laid my head down on the plush pillow, letting the slow, but steady build up of sleep wash over me.

"Love you to, darling." He replied, leaning down and kissing my forehead. Getting up, he looked down at me once more, before walking to the door. There was something in his eyes... something I hadn't picked up on, but wished I had. I closed my own, slowly drifting off to sleep, when I heard him mutter. "If only you knew." With that, I fell into a dreamless sleep, were no one could harm me.

If only I had known, I could've stopped what happened next, but I didn't. And because of me, vampire warriors found their way into the castle... and killed my mother. It was all my fault. I, the Blue Wolf, got all those people killed. When I should have been protecting them, they wasted their lives protecting me. It's all my fault...

A/N: What do you guys think? 

Leave a comment or vote, or ya' know, just keep reading