New Faces, Unknown Places

A/N: Hi guys! Okay, I'm so sorry my story has gotten so suspenseful and sort of repetitive, but I need you all to know I'm writing as the story progresses, so I don't have all my ideas set yet. I'm so sorry the chapters have gotten quite short, so I literally spent all day writing this chapter for you all. Thanks for all your support and here you go. Also, I'll be trying to explain more of the characters feelings a lot better because I feel I haven't been doing a good job on that either.

~ Alexis' P.O.V ~

Waking up in an unfamiliar place, surrounded by dozens of unfamiliar people, is something I never expected to happen to me. Yet, here I am, definitely in an unknown territory with all eyes on me. The mysterious people stand tall, gazing at me in admiration and love. Seeing this, sparks up my confusion and I twist uncomfortably in the unknown person's arms, a groan leaving my lips.

A deep chuckle breaks the silence and I glance up to meet the eyes of a familiar blonde haired boy. My eyebrow knit together in confusion, watching his mouth turn up words in a happy smile. "Niall?"

His warm, blue eyes scan over my face for a second, before answering my question. "It's me, Princess." Tightening his arms around my form, Niall quickly stares up at the crowd behind his fluffy blonde hair with unsure eyes, bringing me closer.

The crowd breaks into hushed whispers as they shoot angry glares towards Niall's direction. They slightly bare their canines at Niall, while he flinches and bows his head in shame. I cock my head to the side in question, placing my hands comfortably on his shoulders and give them a reassuring squeeze. This catches his attention and he focuses on my small form in his arms.

"What happened?" I try to recall the last things I did before ending up in Niall's arms, but all I'm left with is a blank mind. I don't even remember how I ended up here. All I remember is being terrified, fearing something that I have yet to rediscover in my memories. Apart from that... I remember everything else. In an instant, all the last few days events pass before my eyes. So much has happened, so many things that have destroyed any hope for happiness in my future.

First was the attack on the castle, the only place I've every felt comfort, my safe haven. Shockingly enough, I had a feeling that the Vampire's would take our moment of weakness for an assault. After all, my birthday was the only time of the year when the kingdom was somewhat relaxed and usually held a festival for their Princess.

Usually, that is. Not this year, this year we were all stripped of our freedom and many had lost their lives, or lost someone they knew. I could only hope that at least a few of the kingdom's civilians escaped unharmed. Every night, I shall pray for those who have not only lost their homes, but their loved ones.

I, of all people know what it's like to loose everything I've ever known. Especially after... Ace's death. An involuntary shover crawls up my spin at the mention of the source of my nightmares. The gruesome images from his final day creep up from the depths of my mind. I don't want them to be there. As I've stated many times before, I want to forget. I just want to forget everything and start a new life.

That's what I plan to do, right after I get my revenge, of course.

That sentence is shocking coming from me, I know, but there is no doubt in my mind that I want revenge. Every fibre in my body is screaming for it, craving it. I wanted my father's, mother's, Ace's and all the lives of those lost, avenged. I have no idea when I decided this. Even when I had learnt of my fathers passing, I did not feel this much anger, this much resentment to a single being.

Seeing Ace's lifeless body just made me snap, I guess. It's not like I could control all these feelings inside of me, though. There were many things clouding my judgement at the moment, most of them being the very strong guilt, regret, fury, loneliness and of course fear. I wasn't showing these emotions on the outside, I locked them up inside of me, but I knew they were there, threatening to arise. Just like Ace, apart of my heart died along with him that day. A piece I feared I would never get back.