Dark Blue Eyes

A/N: Hiya guys! Well, have you all heard Midnight Memories? Isn't it just... Perfect? My favourite song I've listened to so far would just have to be You and I, because it's so beautiful. I also watched the full 8 hours of the 1D day live stream and then went to the theatres to watch Catching Fire. So my weekend has been very busy, haha. Hope you all enjoy this chapter xx

~ Alexis' P.O.V ~

My whole body freezes in shock as I stare straight ahead, into the dark eyes of Louis. Even though it's right in front of me, I can't believe that Louis, my mate, is a wolf. Exactly like me. There is no way that he could be though, he's a vampire. I'm pretty sure that he was the last time I saw him.

So what changed? And how did this even occur? As I've stated before, to be half vampire and half werewolf, you're parents have to be different species. Vampires and Werewolves, can not produce off spring.

If it is possible, does that mean that Louis' father, the Great King's wife had been a she-wolf? It would make sense, since no one had ever actually met the Queen before. All that was known, was that she had given birth to Louis, then disappeared. No one dared ask the Great King about the matter, if you did, there would be a severe punishment waiting for you. Even the members in his council didn't know anything about Louis' mother.

Still, I have yet to understand how this came to be and how this information was never leaked. The King must have gone to great lengths to keep this concealed. Louis, is a hybrid. My wolf howls and barks in pride, letting Louis' wolf know her affection towards him. In response, Louis growls and takes a threatening step towards Ace and I. Instinctively, I take a step back and crouch into a defensive stance. Louis may be my mate, but this wolf is not of my kingdom and is unfamiliar to me.

Two furious eyes glance between Ace and I quickly, before Louis unleashes a loud howl and stalks straight towards me. His approach is quick paced and rushed, making me bare my canines and growl. My wolf growls at my disobedience and orders me to submit, but I refuse. A Royal never submits.

Large, black paws creep closer, crunching on the drenched flowers underneath them, igniting my panic. When Louis is only a few feet away from me, Ace takes a protective step in front of my body and the wind once again, picks up speed.

My angered mate growls warningly and jerks his head to the side, gesturing for Ace to move, but he stands still, arms crossed over his chest. Still crouched, I watch stunned as Ace shifts and lunges at the much larger male wolf, tackling him to the ground. Regaining my calm persona, I leap back and begin to run away from the fight, every step I take infuriating the Moon Goddess. While rain pours down, I swiftly turn when I reach the forest and share my final glance with Ace. His red wolf is underneath the much stronger black one, snapping and growling in a weak attempt to defend himself.

As he catches my eye for the last time, his voice echoes through my mind. { Quickly! Leave now! }

Just like that, the world around me begins to fade, distorting and changing as I use all my willpower to detach myself from this dream like utopia. When everything is nearly gone, I slowly close my eyes, but at the very last moment, see Louis sprinting towards me. His face contorted in panic and utter heart break, he just reaches me, when I close my eyes completely, waking up.

"No! Alexis!" I hear his fading voice plead, begging me to stay.

It's too late. I'm gone and out of reach. Instead of the cold breeze of my dream, I feel the warm sunlight caress my skin and the soft breeze wisps past me. My body feels light and two strong, what seem like arms, keep me above the ground. I have yet to open my eyes, but hear the quiet chatter, of those around me. The musky, fresh scent of the forest wafts through the air, with the hint of rain. Breathing in deeply, I smile in joy and content. Pure joy.

Slowly, as I open my eyes, the chatter stops and I sense multiple eyes on my form. Silence. Finally, my eyes are open wide, but my vision is dazed momentarily. My eyes adjust to the light and I stare straight up into the sky, watching the clouds move delicately amongst themselves. The tree tops circle around me, reaching high into the sky. The mysterious person holding me tenses as I wince slightly, turning on my side. A barely audible gasp passes my lips, gazing upon many sets of unfamiliar eyes.

Many sets of strange, dark blue eyes, all directly staring at me.

~ Louis' P.O.V ~

I was so close. So close to catching her, so close to holding her in my arms again.  But he ruined it, once again. Stupid mutt. After Alexis had left, the world had quickly faded away and brought me back to reality. Now, I was in the middle of a dense forest, rain descending down upon me. It soaked my fur and dripped off my muzzle, falling to the moist heard beneath my black paws.

I was a wolf. Something I had always despised, loathed with all of my being and sworn to kill off every single one of them. Yet, I could never bring myself to hurt Alexis, my beloved and my mate. The voice in my head, was my inner beast, half of my soul and the creature that lurked in my mind. It forced it's opinions on me, possessed me to hunt down our mate and never let her go.

At a younger age, I had learnt that male werewolves were extremely possessive when their she-wolf was involved, which I was learning the hard way at this very moment. My wolf yearned for his other half, clawed at the chains I had restricted him with to be freed, just so he could see her again. All of this effort, just for her. He growled relentlessly, cursing at me, trying to make me submit to his will, but I was dominant, the most powerful being in the supernatural world.

Half vampire, half werewolf, I was a hybrid. A creature only heard of in myths and fictional tales, never thought of as real. Well, here I stood in the flesh; proving all those theories wrong. It was possible. Not only was I a hybrid, I had captured the powers of my blessed mate, strengthening me even more.

There were still questions I had yet to gain an answer for, however. Like, why had my father lied to me all these years? Was my mother really a she-wolf? How did they accomplish the supposed impossible? I was going to find out. The curiosity would surely kill me sooner or later.

Releasing a long, loud howl into the skies, I begin to run. Run towards the scent of my absent mate, not caring about my kingdom behind me. She was all I needed and I all I would ever want. No matter what, I would have her at my side again, whether she liked it or not. My paws repeatedly pound into the mud hard, my long tongue hanging out of my mouth, panting loudly. This new, stronger body could sprint with ease, allowing me to run for hours on end for my continuous search for my love.

A picture of Alexis flashes before my eyes, making me push my muscles harder. There was no denying that I loved her with all my heart, I didn't care if it was not beating. Every time she smiled slightly, even if it wasn't at me, I couldn't stop myself from falling deeper and deeper in love with the short, feisty she-wolf. Her willpower to fight for what she believed in was strong, but that's what made her a natural born leader; a queen. My queen. Yes, she would rule at my side as my beautiful queen.

I could not wait to lay my eyes upon her once again. To lay my claim on her simply perfect body once again, so no other male would dare touch her. With that thought in mind, my wolf howled in pure excitement and I agreed.

She would know who she belonged to, my wolf and I would make sure of that. A devilish smile graced my wolf face.

She most definitely will.

A/N: Sorry if it sucks, but I only had a short period of time to write this, so yeah. Thanks guys! I'll be back writing very soon. Vote, comment, whatever. Bye : D