Quiet and Hostile Conversations

A/N: Heeeey, it's me again, after like *checks watch* um... 5 months.  Woah, time flies, am I right?? Hahahaha... yeah. So, what have you been up to? Oh, waiting for me to update? About that... So alot of things have happened since the last time I attempted to write another chapter.  For example, my draft for this chapter had gone poof. IT. JUST. DISAPPEARED. I logged in 2 months ago and was like, whaaaat?? But it doesn't matter because I've come to the conclusion that the draft sucked anyway. And I realise that I owe you all a massive apology because 5 months?!?! Soooo not cool. I'm sorry little nachos ;_; I was being a giant lazy sloth and totally forgot. But here you go and hope you haven't forgotten about me :D DRUM ROLL PLEASE... 

P.S: sorry if it's a bit short guys, I've only just started to write again ;_;

~ Alexis' P.O.V ~

Silence is a deadly thing. Silence causes uncertainty; uncertainty is danger. And after being soaked in it for far too long, silence is also a form of torture. We suffer in silence, alone and small because we are afraid of what people think. It's almost as if we are forced into silence, not because we want it, because it seems like the only way. We created silence as a way to escape our problems, but I can't help but feel it just created more. Don't open your mouth and you'll be fine. If you risk it all and speak out, danger will surely follow you. Unspoken conversations create uncertainty and that will be our down fall. With Louis and I, it has already begun.

All I want to do is scream and rage, express myself through words covered in fury, but the silence stretches between us; heavy with tension as red eyes continue to glare. My mouth falls open, a small sound escaping my throat as I try to speak. He wants to ask and I want to answer, but I find myself remaining quiet under his gaze. How am I suppose to answer a question I don't know the answer to?

Shaky hands reach out to seek comfort, but he growls a low warning and I abandon my quest, watery gaze dropping to the floor. I can't keep looking into those eyes, not when they're filled with so much distrust. Once again, everything is swallowed into the torture that comes with silence. I'm paralyzed under his unwavering glare, too frightened to move even an inch. I'd seen what he was capable of in this level of fury. My mind instantly flashes back to just moments ago, watching him strike out at Liam viciously. He had knowingly attacked someone he had known since birth and even though Liam had escaped without any injurys, the knowledge he hadn't hesitated weighs heavily at the back of my mind.

An ache starts to bloom in my chest at being this close to him, but at the same time, some of the tension from my body leaks away. The gift given to true mates, a feeling of peace when in their company. But the thought doesn't put my mind at ease. Why hasn't he spoken yet? How can he see me, but others can't?

When I finally pull my gaze away from the damp ground, I level his glare with a determined one of my own and take a step forward. The response is immediate. His nostrils flare widely and his eyes bleed red again, signaling his wolf has emerged. A deep and harsh growl rips from his throat and he crowds against the farthest wall. His attempts at seeming threatening don't waver my movements however and my stride never falters.

As I get closer, the sickening sound of his teeth grinding hits me and I stumble in confusion, staring at him closely. That's when I notice the fangs beginning to grow inside his mouth, tearing his flesh as he eyes me darkly. My eyebrows furrowing, I take another step forward but halt immediately when his jaw snaps and the gleaming fangs are bared in a snarl.

My instincts tell me to back away, noticing the signs of a wolf in control. He's acting feral, completely hostile to the idea of me getting any closer. But I take a deep inhale and move even closer, concentrating on keeping calm. Any move that looks even slightly threatening will have him on the defensive.

I stop just a few feet away from his crouched body, kneeling to his level and tilting my neck to the side. It's a subtle sign of submission, but one his instincts will pick up on straight away. The slight whimper from his snout acknowledges the sign and his tense stance relaxes slightly, his eyes flashing back to a soft, calm blue. The rest of his body follows. Paws melting back into smooth skin and fur receding until the handsome King once again lays bare on the ground.

My cheeks flare up bright pink and I turn my head, staring intently at the wall. The beast inside me wakes from it's slumber and reckognises Louis' scent straight away, calling out towards Louis as I remain totally still. I can almost feel the moment the calls are recieved. Louis' quiet breathing hitches and his scent subtly changes to something more pleasant; more happy.

Heart pounding loud in my ears and my mind reeling, I barely hear Louis' quiet voice, "How... how? You - you're real." He murmurs in disbelief, a slight tone of amazement in his soft voice.

My eyes shut tightly at his words, refusing to even look at him. The agreement sounds through my mind, a reminder of the promise I had made to HER. Stomach churning in discomfort, I whisper just as quietly back,"No-not exactly..."

A/N: Ooooo, what exactly did Alexis' do after she died that allowed her to come back??? WHAT THE HECK IS THIS ABOUT A PROMISE MADE TO SOMEONE???... ok bye guys haha :D