Regrets

A/N: Hiya guys! Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry I haven't updated in like 2 weeks, I've just had lots of school work and studying to do since my final exams are next week. Yeah, I know, school is horrible. I have this school trip tomorrow as well where I have to climb up a mountain, so I won't be able to update tomorrow either :( Anyway, hope you guys enjoy this chapter :) And have you all heard Story Of My Life? It literally made me cry so much and then Louis' solo, no, nope, never again. It was just too beautiful

~ Louis' P.O.V ~

Expressionless, I watched as the room slowly filled with my upper class subjects, while I sat back in my chair, depressed. The pain I was feeling now, was like non other. It tore through my body, ripping at my heart, reminding me of what I had done to my beloved.

As soon as she came to mind, another gut wrenching pain shook through my body, almost sending me to the floor. I knew why the pain was so extreme. It was my regret. The only thing keeping me alive right now was the hope I could find her again. Hold her and tell her how sorry I am.

But how could I do that to her? How could I let her go? How could I just watch my love disappear without even apologising? Why was I this disgusting creature? Why was I destined to destroy every ounce of happiness in this world? Why was I destined... to ruin Alexis' life? I don't deserve her. I never did and I never will.

With that thought in mind, I slammed my fists down on the desk in fury. I should've loved her. I should've held her like she was my everything, like she was truly the love of my life. Like she was all I had. But I didn't. Even though she still showed me compassion, I didn't even send her a second glance. And for what? The power? The dominance? It was foolish to think she'd stay with me, to think that she'd learn to love the creature that had destroyed her life. That creature... was me.

Over the years, I had caused her people so much pain. Through my threats and aggressive nature, she had been locked away for protection, never leaving the castle walls. Isolation because of me. Then I attacked, fueled by the rage I had towards her father for even considering having her mated to that mutt. I had only wanted to keep her at my side so that wouldn't happen, but the old man had tried to defend her, keeping my beloved away from me. He knew. He knew all along that she was designed to be forever mine. That's why he had locked her away, to keep her away from me.

We meet in the depths of the battle. While I stood raging, he was calm and promising me only a life of regret if I did this. I should've listened.

*Flashback (Sorry, I just had to alright)

Growls ripped from wolves chest as they collided with my fellow vampires, sending our two races into a war for one prize. One prize... The Blue Moon Wolf; my beloved. Something deep inside me demanded I find her, share with the world of our bond. Of our destinies. I didn't exactly know what it was, but I trusted it with every fibre in my body. I was selfish and stupid for doing so.

Find her. It snarled. Make her ours.

I obeyed. Sprinting through the battle field, I tracked her down, scenting her already. A hiss escaped my mouth as I found a scent mixed with hers. That mutt was with her, probably trying to mask her scent. A humourless laugh passed my lips as I stopped abruptly in front of a intimidatingly bulky man. Just the person I wanted to see.

Upon seeing his taller figure, my hands clenched into tight fists and my fangs grew. The voice began whispering to me.

Make him pay. He wants to take her away from us, he wants us dead, he wants the mutt to mate her, to be his. Kill him...