The White Knight

A/N: HIYA everyone! I'm finally back on and ready to write! luckily, it's school holidays where I live, so I'll hopefully be able to update more often. Other then that... I hope you all have been well and haven't forgotten this story. I'm thinking of not continuing my other story because I have MAJOR writers block and can't figure out what to write for the next chapter. If I do that, I'll be able to focus on this story more. Sorry it's a short chapter. Anyways, enjoy!

~ Alexis' P.O.V ~

Silence. Not a single noise was made. We all remained still, tense. His alluring eyes captured mine in an intense stare and I found myself wanting to run to him, love him. They held so many emotions, but the dominant one was what I feared; determination. Determination to find me if I ran, make me stay with him. But I could never stay with him. Knowing that he had killed all those people, the people that protected me, loved me, I would never be able to love Louis; my mate.

Why had this all happened to me? Why was I destined to live a life full of misery and fear, knowing that everyone I loved, would get taken away from me. The loss of my mother weighed heavily on my conscious because it was my fault that she had died, it was my fault all of them died. I was a monster. I let all those people die because I was the prophesied she-wolf, the one destined to bring peace among our land. But I didn't do that. No, I created more pain for everyone. I was just a burden that everyone wanted gone. Why hadn't I died along side them? Why couldn't I be freed from this life of eternal suffering?

Growling, I bit the white wolf's leg, catching everyone by surprise. He let out a startled yelp and jumped away from me, licking his wound. Immediately I stood up, dripping in vampire blood and violently shook my head, trying to loose all of my horrible memories. I wanted them gone, I didn't want to live anymore. When I finally stopped, I stared into those familiar, seductive eyes, the ones that pulled me in. I hated him so much, but no matter how much I wanted to deny it, he held a piece of my heart. If he had never been mate, if the vampires had never wanted me, we could all be living in peace. My parents would still be alive, loving and caring for me. Glaring, I let all my hate seep through our bond, watching in satisfaction as he flinched and pain seemed evident in his facial expression.

My wolf howled in agony and begged me to run to our mate and comfort him, but I ignored her. Baring me teeth, I spun around and raced away, out of the tunnel and into the blinding sun. At first, I was dazed and stumbled, but once my wolf eyes adjusted to the light, I focused on my surroundings. A strange, but pleasant woodsy scent wafted through the air, calming me slightly. As I watched in awe as birds flew through the tall, towering trees and wild animals pranced around happily, I felt at home. This was where I belonged.

{ Lexi! Come back here! } An angry voice echoed through my mind causing me to clench my jaw in annoyance. Why couldn't anyone realise I wanted to be alone, I didn't need them.

Deciding not to answer, I took off, letting my small body fly through the forest in an attempt to escape everything. I

pushed my body to go faster, feeling the cold air sweep through my fur. For once in my life, I felt like the real me, felt free. That was, until a heavy body crashed into mine, sending us both tumbling to the ground. Growling in anger, I snapped and bit, but it was no use. The wolf on top of my small body, looked three times the size of me. He ignored my feeble attempts of escape and pressed his muzzle into my neck, licking my soft fur gently.

Once I had calmed down, I finally realised that this wolf, was the same white one that had protected me in the sewers. His scent was familiar, but in my state of panic, I couldn't quite recognise it. We stayed still, him pinning me to the ground, pressing his snout into my neck while I obediently laid beneath him. After ten more minutes of him cuddling me, I finally had enough and tried to push him off, earning a growl in return.