Chapter 5: Learning To Love You

* Luke's POV *

Having the Janoskians have been really helping me get busy these days. I had to drop out of school, not because I’m not smart, but because I couldn’t keep up with it any longer. I was too busy with the Janoskians and I wasn’t really sure what I wanted to be after I finish school. It’s like I’m here taking a break and getting a chance to be someone who could enjoy living like how I wanted it to be. My brothers and I have always dreamed of being famous one day and that we could share our talent with everyone. We all wanted to make people happy in our little way. We wanted to do what we want and enjoy what we have. We’re not rich in money, but we’re rich with laughter and we want to share happiness with everyone.

Of course, not a lot of people understood that. They were haters who can’t stop bringing us down and letting us have a bad reputation. I don’t get how they can sit in front of their computers and just hate on someone when they can save someone’s life and be someone’s hero. It just doesn’t make sense of hating someone and yet you spend most of your time looking and studying their flaws.

Since I have decided to drop out of school, I have been getting numerous anonymous messages that I wouldn’t make it into the real world. People have been telling me that Janoskians wouldn’t be here forever and not being able to finish school would leave me homeless. I probably couldn’t afford food to feed my family, and the list goes on. I’m not giving up on school. Of course, when the time comes that I’ve decided what I wanted, I would probably go back to school and take courses. Just not right now. But I’m just glad that there are other people who are open-minded with the situation that I’m in. They’re the people who support me no matter what decision I make. It’s still my life, and my decision is all that matters. If you can’t take it, you can love the other version of me, Jai.

Today was the last day of school holidays and I’m spending my day with the Janoskians for a video shoot. Some of our friends will be coming and watching while we get all hyped up with this new video. I’m glad that my girlfriend is coming and is proud of the Janoskians. I don’t know what I’ll do if she didn’t like it. It would probably hurt me so much that the girl I love hates what I do.

While we were waiting for our parts, I was standing along the sidelines talking to my girlfriend, Andi. She was getting annoyed at how I left her in school and the time that we would be spending together would be lesser.

Jai approached us with a good mood. He was smiling, very happily. I think he might be smiling because of a girl. Ariana Grande. His new celebrity crush.

“Are we talking about Ariana Grande?” Andi asked.

“Yes” Jai exclaimed.

“So you have a crush on her?” Andi asked again.

A part of me felt a bit awkward that my girlfriend was asking too much questions when in reality, it was just 2 questions. It concerns Jai and they used to go out. She sounded so concerned of Jai that it breaks me inside. It still does even though Jai was the reason I have Andi now. I have to stop thinking about it, but I just couldn’t help it. It was bothering me and I know if I bring this up to Andi or Jai, it will just cause some drama.

“Wow Jai, never saw you this happy before.”

Andi cheered. And I knew right at this moment, I spoke too soon. ‘There’s nothing to worry anymore, Luke. You’re just assuming things up.’

The day went by so fast and we finished shooting our video after lunch. The day is still early, but as much as I would like to spend the afternoon with Andi, I need to work on editing the video for the Janoskians. It was only me who edits it and it takes me roughly 5 hours to get it done. I was helping the other guys clean up the mess and have loaded the equipment used in Beau’s car. It was the last day of school holidays and I really felt bad that I had rejected to hang out with Andi. I could have just edited this tomorrow when she’s at school, but I had to focus on this because it’s for work.