Chapter 30: Reflections

* Andi’s POV *

It’s been a month since my birthday. A lot of things have happened. Luke and I still hang out sometimes but it was lessen because of our different priorities. I have school and he has his career with the Janoskians. It was awkward at first but we got used to being friends. I was scared he would get so used to it and at the end, we’ll remain friends. But then again, that’s better than nothing at all.

I heard Jai has met a new girl and has moved on. They constantly have been talking and probably taking things further. We haven’t really talked for a month. He has stopped going after me at some point.

But isn’t that what he wanted in the first place? Ignoring Jai was me trying to move on. If you think about it, I was helping him too. This is what he wanted and I will be just forcing myself into him if I tried to stop him. I didn’t wanna hurt Luke as well.

Of course, it’s different now. I don’t hang out with Luke whenever he’s with the boys because of Jai. It was their thing after all and I was the one who’s supposed to back off. I haven’t even set foot in the Brooks’ house like I used to. Whenever I’m hanging out with Luke, he always comes over or we go to a park and talk. The usual.

The Janoskians have been going around Australia for meet and greets and shows. They have been busy so my time to hang out with Luke was slowly drifting apart. Of course, at some point, it did drift apart. We stopped hanging out or even talking to one another. He stopped texting and calling me. He started to hang out with other girls he meets along the way.

The thing I was scared of losing is here. I think I’m about to lose Luke to someone else. Every time I see a photo of Luke being with different girls, I was scared that he had moved on. I was scared that he realizes that I was just a friend now and nothing else. I get jealous every time I see him with a girl but I have no right anymore. I have no right to get mad at him. I have no right to get jealous or control his life. I was just a friend, and nothing else.

“I’m the luckiest guy on earth right now.” Jai tweeted. The first thing that instantly went in my mind is that Jai and whoever the girls could have been officially together now. Girl’s instinct. I was happy for him. This is what he wanted and I’m glad he was happy.

For the past month, I was finding myself. I learned to love myself and meet new friends. I learned to be happy again, and not depend my happiness from someone else’s existence in my life. I looked at my world differently. I changed for the better. I still hang out with my friends from school.

The two groups merged to one group again. I guess everyone just needed time like how I needed time for myself. No one talked about Jai or Luke anymore like how they used to take sides for me. Everyone moved on.

Sam and I were better. Sam, Julie, and Kaity patched things up. Nathan and Dylan were friends again. Everyone was so jolly. We do have issues from time to time but that doesn’t stop us from being friends. We were happier this time.

I did find myself back. I thought I was ready for Luke. But I don’t know if he still wants me. He’s enjoying what he has right now and I’m happy for him. I’m happy that his dreams are coming true. I’m happy that everything is falling into place. It may not be how I planned it but I was good with it. I felt great.

It was Wednesday, and we were only in school for half day. I didn’t want to be stuck at home the whole afternoon so I decided to go home and changed and go to the mall.

As I was walking on my way to the mall, I accidentally saw the Janoskians filming for a new video. “Hey Andi!” Daniel called me and everyone was staring at me like they have seen a ghost.