Chapter 6: Awkward

A student’s greatest enemy is the alarm clock. Once it has sounded off, it would practically make your ears bleed from that loud ring and it might even give you a slight heart attack even if you actually get to hear it 5 days a week. The sad part is it won’t even stop unless you turn it off. But once you do that, you have probably already have woken up and just lazy to actually get up.

School holidays were down the drain and it’s Monday yet again. Here comes the most hated part of each student – to get up early and get ready for school. It’s not that I hate school. I just hate that we have to get up early and spend time on something you’re not even sure if it would really apply in real life when we get older. Like Math, for example, do we really need to use pi in real life? Would we really calculate something like that?

It was 7am and my alarm clock had sounded off which means I had to get up and get ready for school. It was one of those days I wasn’t excited about going to school. First off, a two-week school holidays isn’t enough. I was so used to getting longer school holidays. Second, Luke and Jai wouldn’t be there anymore. They dropped out so I wouldn’t be able to hang out with them like I used to. It’s not fun with them not being around. But whatever moping I do all morning won’t make them come in so I just had to deal with the fact that I have to get up and go to school.

I got up and went straight to the bathroom to get ready. After I freshened up, I went to get my school clothes and dressed up. I didn’t realize that Luke had called me up and sent me a text message.

“Good morning, babe. Have fun in school. I’ll pick you up later! Love you.” Luke texted. Yeah right, like I’m gonna have fun.

Grabbing my phone and my backpack, I went down to have breakfast before leaving for school.              

Dylan was about to go to school as well. “Hey Andi, what’s up?”

“Lazy as usual… you?”

“I’m good. I’ll surely miss having the twins in school.” He commented as I nodded in agreement.

“Oh please, don’t rub it in.” I begged, and he laughed.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to.”

“It’s all good.” I sighed.

We talked about other things on the way to school. He was funny too, but not as much funny as my babe. I’d say he’s comical but he did mention he can’t be like the Janoskians. He said that if it were him, he wouldn’t be able to say something in a straight face.

I would actually agree with that. I mean, seriously how can’t you laugh at something funny that you’re actually doing. Janoskians are a legend and they deserve every bit of success they’re having right now. I should know. I have been supporting them from the start when they didn’t have that much subscribers compared to what they have now. They have grown big and I’m proud!

Shortly after, we arrived in school. It was different. When I get to school before, the twins would be already there. I would probably get my hug from Luke and then Jai. I would probably hanging out with Jai and catching up with some best friends stuff. It wasn’t the same feeling anymore.

My phone beeped again and that reminded me to keep my phone on silent mode so I won’t get into any trouble today.

The text was from Luke yet again, “So you’re not really gonna talk to me? I’m heartbroken.” Aww, okay that just got into me.

I can’t ignore him any longer. I did tell him last night I wouldn’t text him that much so I wouldn’t think of him. But that’s clearly impossible! And him texting me right now, wishing me luck and everything, isn’t helping at all.