Chapter 21: Worth Fighting For

* Luke’s POV *

“What are you doing here?” Jai asked. He stood up from where he was seated and went forward to me. “What the fuck are you doing here?” He questioned me again.

I wasn’t really listening at him. I was looking to the girl I love, Andrea. She was lying in bed looking at me helplessly. Her tears were running down her cheeks. I slowly walked forward to be near her but Jai pushed me.

“Stay out!” He demanded.

“I just want to talk to her.” My tears were falling down my cheeks as well. This was all my fault. I was sure of it. I love her so much and I hurt her.

 “Get out!” Jai yelled and pushed me to the door.

I hit my back to the door when Beau opened it at the same time. “What did I miss?” He said jokingly. He came in the room with Karl.

I was vulnerable too. Every time I stepped forward, Jai would attack me and I can’t do anything. He wouldn’t let me stay near Andi. He was very protective. Mum didn’t want to join in and take a side. I always thought she liked Jai more than me. Jai is known to be the mummy’s boy. I know she loves me too but sometimes it’s just obvious that he was the favorite twin. I tried to move forward once again. Jai was probably getting annoyed and he attacked me right in the face.

“Stop it! This is not the place for that.” Mum finally said. She got some tissue and wiped it on my face as blood was dripping down.

“I just want to talk to her.” I cried. Andi was crying too.

But Jai didn’t want me to talk to her. He insisted I should leave. He kept pushing me away. He was very protective. We all stopped when a nurse came in.

She was shocked by what was happening. “I think I came in a bad time.” She commented. “I just need to check her IV.”

I was standing by the wall. Jai went beside her and held her hand. That was supposed to be my hand. I was the reason why she was in this room, in this hospital bed. She wouldn’t drink if we didn’t break up. “I’ll change this later. She might stay here overnight or two.”

As she headed out the door, the nurse saw me. “Do you need some first aid with that? I’ll come back for you.” She went outside and came back with something for my wound. It didn’t hurt. I felt numb. “There, you’re all done.”

I moved forward once again. Jai was looking at my every move. He stood up from where he was seated and then faced to me. He was waiting for me to take another step. He was ready to push me again. But Andi stopped her. Andi held onto him.

He turned around and looked at her. “Stop it Jai, please.” She begged. He can’t do anything now. He moved back to her other side where he originally sat when I came in.

I moved forward and step by step, my heart was beating so fast. I wanted to hug her and tell her to get well soon. A lot of things were running in my mind. What happened in Sydney wasn’t me. I was shocked at myself too. She was still looking at me crying. I wanted to hold her hand and make sure she was fine. I can see Jai was pissed off.

“Is anyone hungry?” Mum asked and signaled everyone to go. Jai stayed though. I know he wouldn’t just leave her like that. I noticed mum stayed near the door. The other guys were waiting for her outside.

“Hey Andi, can we talk alone please?” I asked.

“Jai…” Mum called him. He was definitely pissed off. “I think you should leave them alone…”

“Jai… let’s go.” Mum said. She was waiting for him to stand up.

He did but Andi stopped him, “Jai…”