Chapter 20: Wild Night

* Jai’s POV *

 It was Friday night and I ended up in the mall alone. I decided to watch a movie instead and turned my phone into silent mode. When the movie ended, I got my phone out and saw 30 messages.  Whoa! 30 messages! Who could it be I thought? I checked it was mostly Julie.

 "Please come. I beg you. Sam is drunk and the only way to stop her would be if you would come and tell her." "Jai, please come to my house. I brought her home." "Jai, when you get this please come. We're at my house." Those were some of the texts.

It took me about ten to fifteen minutes to get there. The neighborhood was quiet. I got out of the cab quickly and knocked on the door. As soon as the door opened, I asked "Where is she?" and she led me to a room where she was lying down.

"I gave her some sleeping pills so she would calm down." She told me.

"Okay." I sighed.

"You can stay right here and wait for her to wake up so you two can talk."

"Thanks." I replied back as she left me alone in the room.

She was sleeping. If she was up right now, she would be probably talking a lot, yelling and crying to me right now. I felt bad for her honestly. She didn't deserve this. I was mad at myself. I thought this was all my fault.

I looked at her and touched her forehead. It was warm to hot. I went around and looked for a face towel and then washed it at the bathroom. I wiped it over her forehead and then to her arms. Her dress was going up and I could see a part of her underwear. I pulled it down and tucked her under the blanket. She was flawless. She was pretty even when sleeping. Her cheeks were red probably from too much alcohol she had tonight. If I only read the texts earlier, then probably I wouldn't be late. I felt bad that she had to take the sleeping pill so she would calm down.

The sleeping pills were strong. No matter how much I move her, she didn’t wake up. But then it's a sleeping pill, it would defeat its purpose if she wakes up sooner. It's actually given to people who can't sleep properly. This is gonna be a long wait but I felt responsible for it. I was guilty.

I was bored waiting and watching her sleep. I felt creepy watching her like I'm some stalker. This was new to me. I haven't really watched any girl sleep before. I haven't been in bed with any girl, not even when I was dating Andi. I was always the good guy, and I'm gonna remain that way.

* Drunk girl’s POV *

I slowly regained my conscious. My heart was beating so fast. This felt like it was my first time waking up and seeing the world. It took me a few blinks to finally open my eyes. It took me a few muscles to see the light. I can hear myself puffing for air and breathing heavily. When I finally opened my eyes, I was in an unfamiliar place. To my right, there was the window with big, chunky curtains. And to my left, was Jai.

He was sleeping... Beside me. Is this still a dream? I pinched myself a bit and looked around. He was still here. I slowly got my right hand out and touched his face. It was real. He came. I'm not dreaming.

He woke up. "Hi, good morning!" He looked over to his watch to see the time. "How are you feeling?"

I haven't talked yet. I felt like a little baby who hasn't started talking yet and was just about to try to. "Y-y-you came."

"Yes, I did. I'm here." He held my hand to say he's real.

"What happened?" I asked, not remembering anything that happened last night. It was like someone took all my memory and left me with nothing. I slowly got up. I was having a bad headache. My head felt like bursting and I was puffing for air. I wasn't thinking.  I felt dizzy. I feel like I was gonna fall anytime soon. "Jai, I can't breathe." I uttered as I felt my whole body dropping to the floor.