Chapter 44: The One

* Jai’s POV *

I was devastated and found myself crying as the doctors were trying to revive her body while I was alive and hearing everything. I don’t deserve this at all. I wanted to go near her but everyone was hovering onto me to stop worrying.

Some nurses came inside and moved me to another room.

“I wanna see her.” I chanted and cried but they wouldn’t let me.

Mum, Nonna, Nonno, Beau, and some of our friends went with me to the other room. Luke stayed with Andrea and her family.

“Please make sure she’s okay.” I uttered while mum was crying beside me.

 Another doctor was checking up on me and asking if something else hurt. I kept saying no and demanded an explanation of how Andrea was doing but no one was answering me. I wanted to get up and see her but they won’t let me.

“Save Andrea please!” I yelled but no one was listening. They were all calming me down. I tried but I just ended up in blasting in tears. Everyone in the room was drowning in tears.

As soon as I was calmer, I started asking questions… “Why am I here? What happened?”

“You got shot by the same guy who had beaten up Luke. They were Janoskians haters but the cops have gotten them arrested and we already filed a case.” Beau explained.

“You saved my life, baby! Thank you but you didn’t have to.” Mum cried.

“You ran to mum I think when you saw the gun pointed at her so you’re the one who got shot.” Beau explained.

“What about Andrea?” I asked.

“She saved Luke’s life.” Nonna answered.

The moment I heard Nonna, I cried again.

She saved Luke’s life twice. She was willing to take a bullet for him while I was busy tearing them apart. I remember in my dream she told me to take care of my family, especially Luke.

Was that really a goodbye?

Even in my dreams she cared for Luke. Even in my dreams she asked me to take care of Luke. Everything that happened in my dream reminded her of Luke and not me. Those fields, Swan Hill, the train station… all of them were because of Luke.

Everything that she loves reminded me of Luke.

I know she wanted me to be happy and spend time with me. Maybe in our dream that was what supposed to have happened if we ended up together but it all boils down to Luke.

To be honest, I’m not even jealous anymore.

Andrea’s life was more important to me right now. I wish that she would wake up and feel better.

I know I promised her that this time I wouldn’t leave her whatever happened, but if she chose to be with Luke, I promise that I will help them to get back together. I’m not gonna stop either of them.

This was all my fault and it has to stop. I was ready to give up my happiness for her life and love. I was ready to let go of Andrea.

If she chose Luke, I promise I won’t be upset. I will be happy for them. I won’t complain being a stupid second to Luke. Let’s face it, they both love each other and deserve one another. But I’ll never leave Andrea. She will always have that special place in my heart. She will always be my best friend.

I was released at the hospital after a few days. I don’t leave the house anymore unless it’s Janoskians related but mum and our manager has postponed everything we have on schedule because of what happened. They said I needed some time to fully recover from what happened. I did get a lot of fan mail telling me to get well soon and videos of the fans wishing me to have a fast recovery. I was thankful for everyone’s prayers.