Chapter 23: Déjà Vu

* Andi's POV *

It's been two days since I've gotten out of the hospital. My parents were home and I was, well, grounded again. But I didn't care this time. Jai was allowed to come visit me since he was the one who saved me. Was this deja vu? It felt like this all happened before and I'm back to square one. I hope this was all a dream that I was back in this one and would never have problems anymore.

Since then, Luke and I haven't talked. I'm not even sure how he is. Jai and I never talked about him. I made a new Twitter account to check on Jai and Luke. I wanted to know. I was scared to use my old account because the memories will come back. It still hurts honestly.

My thoughts dispersed as I heard a knock on the door. "Come in."

"Hey, I brought some movies we could watch." Jai said as he gets in the room.

I got up and seated on the bed. Jai placed the movie titles on the bed and headed for the door.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm getting some food. Mum said to come back and she'll prepare us some snack" he said.

"Mum?" I questioned and he laughed.

There were a lot to choose from. Mean Girls, 21 Jump Street, Stepbrothers, were some of the titles. We've seen these movie titles but we never get old of these stuff. Jai came back with all sorts of food to choose from. He brought in different cookies, chips, baked goodies and popcorn.

"That's a lot!" I said.

"I'm not done yet." He said and left. He came back with juice, water, and fresh fruits.

"Are you sure we're watching a movie and not having an eating contest?" I teased.

"Haha funny. What did you pick?" He asked.

"Hmm... Stepbrothers?" I asked, though I knew he was game for a good laugh.

I sat beside him on the floor with pillows. I pulled out a blanket we could use while watching the movie. He handed me the sliced apples and told me to eat them first as the color might turn brown. We both shared it.

And then the memories I had with Jai entered my mind… That first time Jai was in my room, because he was helping me paint it. We were seated on the floor, leaning on the bed. He had his arms around me. That first time Jai went to rescue me and dressed as a superhero and went through my balcony. He has always been here for me. Why didn't I love him? I did but it was just as best friend and now I don't even know what we are. We never talked about it. All I'm sure about is I never wanted to hurt him again but then I'm sure right now I'm hurting Luke. If only I could restart everything.

Jai must have noticed me that I was wandering off with my mind. "Are you alright?"

"Yes." I said and rested my head on his shoulders. He liked it and we both enjoyed the movie.

We continued with our movie marathon and munched on every snack he brought to my room. It was always fun hanging out with Jai.

"I love you, Andrea." He whispered, "I'm glad you're mine again." So I was his? When? Why wasn’t I notified?

Wait… “If Luke ever hurts you, I’ll get you back. I promise.” His words echoed in my mind as I remembered. This was it.

Jai must have realized I started to zone off and got me back to my senses as he started a new conversation. I didn’t want to hurt him, but I knew my silence was hurting him deep inside. It wasn’t my intention, but I just didn’t know how to react.

"So, what are you going to do tomorrow? Back to school yet?" He asked.

"Nope, mum's taking me for check up. But I'm going to school on Friday." I replied.