Chapter 37: The Forgotten

* Andrea’s POV *

A loud knock from the door woke me up. It turns out to be my brother, Jake. “Aren’t you going to school? You’re gonna be late if you don’t get up now.”

Mum and dad haven’t gone back from the company thing yet so Jake and I have the house on our own which I was feeling great about. At least they won’t see me grumpy because of the break up. Jake doesn’t have any scoops yet of why I went home earlier than planned but I’m pretty sure he can get an idea in the coming days especially when he asks where Luke was and why we haven’t been going out anymore.

I finally woke up and get ready for school. To be honest, I wasn’t feeling great about going to school today. I wanted to stay in bed the whole day and not go out of this room. I wanted to be alone and not have anyone ask me ‘how was my weekend?’ or if anything else happened. I’m pretty sure my friends would ask me stuff about the weekend like what happened after they left or if I have any interesting things to share.

I would if I was still that ‘Andrea’ that they have met but starting yesterday, Andrea is dead which means I would no longer care about what people thinks of me and I don’t care if I get bullied for being a loser. I was numb. I was lost in thoughts.

I walked from the house to school. It was a bit early so we still had some time to catch up with friends, though I was just sulking in one corner while they all chat. Of course, the girls had noticed I wasn’t being myself. I kept on staring into space like I was watching a movie and didn’t want to be disturbed.

“Are you okay, Andi?” Julie asked. I didn’t say a word nor nodded and acknowledge her question. I was staring into air and not even looking at them.

“I think she’s tired from the weekend.” Kaity commented and they all laughed. I felt I was being left out and started going inside school without saying a word.

Throughout the day, I wasn’t talking to them. I kept quiet. I wasn’t in the mood for anything. No one else bothered to talk to me. I guess they got tired from worrying about me. I left the group during lunch and went out of school to hang out by myself.

“Where are you going?” A guy asked. I turned around and saw Robert. He had a worried look. He probably remembers how I was yesterday morning when he saw me from the city and gave me a ride back home.

“You’re still not talking are you? Did something happen?” He asked. I turned around once again and started walking.

I didn’t want to talk to anyone but Luke. I wish Luke was here and he would tell me everything was a nightmare and we should go back together. I wish he was here to cheer me up. I sat down on the grass with my school skirt and tears were already sliding down my cheeks. I was crying in school about my relationship with Luke and all I have with me is Robert.

“Did you and Luke break up?” He asked. I didn’t answer but I guess it was a guy’s intuition. “What happened? You can tell me and I promise it wouldn’t come up. I’m here for you, Andrea.”

I don’t know if I wanted to trust him but he hates Luke and Jai and this is probably not a good idea. I wanted to get out of Penola because everything was about Luke. Everywhere I look, I would remember the times we have been together. Everything in Australia reminded me of Luke and it’s impossible for me to forget about him. It’s impossible for me to forget about our love. But I have to move on from it because he already gave up on me. He was so upset that this time I knew we were really over.

The bell was about to ring and Robert decided to leave because he was about to cut class. He didn’t want to be caught while I stood up and about to go back inside the halls. When I turned around, I saw Sam standing and was probably listening in to what Robert has been telling me. And I know Sam wouldn’t let this go.