Chapter 15: Only Yours

* Andi’s POV *

“So that’s why you came home late…” Jake commented, eyeing me from head to toe like I did something wrong, without even knowing what the exact cause was.

And that was our cue to leave. I didn’t really want my family to know I was in detention. It’s not me. If ever I get called to the school’s office, it’s because someone was bullying me and I’d like it to stop but yeah it never happened in my old school. I gave up on that “wanting to get out of bullies” idea.

As we were leaving, Gina called me. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know Jake…”

“It’s okay, Gina, at least it was Jake.” I was even thankful it was just Jake. Since we moved to Australia, Jake and I’s relationship has been better. We’ve never been so closer and I actually like that. That’s good because we didn’t really have any relatives in Australia, so it was nice to have each other to depend on when things go bad.

“Oh, and I got some cake! Bring some for your mum and dad.” Gina offered. She gave me half of the cake they had and placed it in a plastic box.

“Thank you and goodnight” I said as I gave her a hug.

“Bye guys.” I waved to Daniel, Beau, and Jai.

Luke came out with me while Jake was already waiting in the car. “Goodnight baby,” I said and went to kiss him.

“Goodnight, I love you.” He replied and kissed me back.

I went to give him a hug and said, “I love you way more, baby.”

“That’s not possible!” He argued.

“This is actually a good fight I’m not willing to back down. I love you more than you love me.” I retaliated, grinning at him.

“No, I love you more than you love me and more than I love you together.” He replied.

“That doesn’t make any sense.” I commented.

“Because love doesn’t need any reasons, it just happens. You feel it and then you love the person you’re with. And I just won because you didn’t say anything.” Luke explained. His smile grew wider by the thought of winning our proclamation of love contest, not that it was a contest.

“Oh my, that was a trick! You tricked me!” I teased, and yet, pouted. “Fine you won!”

“Aww baby, I love you and I’m glad you’re mine.” He said as he gave me another hug.

“Okay, let me summarize for you both.” Jake uttered as he went in between Luke and I. “So Luke loves you and you love him back. End of story. I win.” He exclaimed, annoyed because he was waiting in the car for God know how long. “Now Andi, let’s go home!” He pulled my arm and shoved me inside the car.

Luke followed me and waited as I rolled down the window so we can still have a little talk while Jake was starting the car. “I have to go now, babe.” I uttered, kissing him.

He kissed back and said, “Now it’s my turn. Call me when you get home so I know you’re safe.”

“Sheesh… people in love takes so much time saying goodbye!” Jake muttered, shaking his head. “Love you more… no I love you more… no I do baby…” He mocked us. “Ugh!”

“That’s why you don’t have a girlfriend!” I retorted, glaring at him.

He held my hand in between the window as he popped his head a little bit inside. “Hey Jake, thanks for the ride home!”

“Sure, no worries.” Jake saluted to Luke, now in a calmer vibe.

Jake drove off and my phone beeped. “Don’t forget to call me. I love you, Andrea.”