Chapter 36: Everything's Shady

* Andrea’s POV *

“Luke, please!” I cried. “I can explain.”

He was gathering all his things in the room and was probably sleep in another room. “I’m tired.” Luke uttered.

“Let’s work things out… let’s talk. Remember no more secrets? I’m willing to answer your every question.” He continued on putting his stuff on a bag. “Luke… don’t do this please.”

“I love you so much Andrea! But I can’t do this anymore. I’m tired. Every time we’re happy, Jai has to get in between us! Jai has to destroy everything and being with you will be like the hardest life ever because I can never be happy with you. Jai’s my brother, my twin brother.” Luke raged.

“So, what about us? You’re gonna give up now?”

“Maybe we’re not meant to be together. Starting now, I’ll forget about us. I’ll forget that I love you.” Luke uttered. I can’t believe he’s saying these things now. “I regret loving you. I regret being with you.” I wanted to die. He zipped closed his bag and left the room. I dropped on the floor and cried.

I gathered all my things in my bag. No use to be here anymore. Luke doesn’t want me. I need to leave immediately. But I was waiting for all of them to sleep. I can’t leave when they’re all awake.

I didn’t know how to go home though. I didn’t know if I should call Jake or anyone else. I checked the train schedule and directions while I was waiting for all of them to sleep. I cleaned the room and made the bed. At around 3am, they were all sleeping. The house was quiet. I left the house.

Goodbye Luke and Jai.

As I leave this house, I’m leaving your lives as well.

I walked my way to the train station. There weren’t any people on the streets unlike in the city. It was a long walk but there’s no other way. I think it took me an hour walk from the beach house to the train station. Thank God my phone didn’t go flat or I’ll probably get lost. I reached the train station and bought my ticket. I’ve never ridden a train alone. I was always with Luke. I tried not to cry again while waiting for the train to arrive but I saw myself on the bench hugging my things and letting my tears flow. How am I gonna forget him just like that when everything in Australia reminds me of Luke? I was a total mess.

“Are you alright?” An older woman asked. She sat beside me and thought I was lost or something, or crying because the train left me. I nodded even though I wasn’t. It’s not that I didn’t want to talk to her but I don’t know what to say. What happened tonight wasn’t something I expected. Luke and I were happy early today, and with a change of wind, we weren’t. He wants me out of his life. It was so painful to hear that from someone you truly love.

“I hope things work out for you, whatever that is.” The lady said.

It felt like a broken glass was cutting my wrist and letting me die. After tonight, Andi is dead.

The train arrived on schedule. It was already 6:00am, and I’ll be back in Melbourne City around 7am. Good thing, I brought money or I’ll be walking home for a really, really long time! I’ll probably not make it for so much dehydration from walking. I wish when I get to the city, the bus wouldn’t be crowded. I didn’t have enough money for a cab. I rode the train and sat near the window.

I wonder if they have seen I’m gone.

I looked out the window the whole trip. I was delirious. I wanted to go home so badly and stay in my room forever. I wasn’t thinking of anything else. I know my life would change after what happened. Luke chose not to include me in his life and that reaction was very aching. I wanted to die so bad. I was nothing. I was a ‘nobody’ yet again. I didn’t have any friends. Those were their friends. I was unsure of how my life was gonna be. But enough of that, I guess. It’s no use.