Chapter 34: Hidden Truth

* Jill’s POV *

I’ve always thought that being a celebrity would give us more chance to get what we want. But in the case of love, it doesn’t work. I heard about Jai Brooks because of my friends and their YouTube channel, and I didn’t think that one meet up would turn into something deeper between us. But I’m glad it did.

At first, I didn’t know him. He didn’t know who I was either but because of a magazine photo shoot, we found each other. And right then and there, we hit it off. He just got out of a heartbreak, one which involved his twin brother and his best friend. From the start, I knew their story and what had happened. I was there for him every time he needed me. An ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on.

Soon, we moved onto flirting, though I didn’t take them seriously. I didn’t want to be a rebound or a stupid second to Andrea, but that’s how I’ve always felt and I can’t help it but fall for him, no matter how much I try to ignore the feeling. I fell and got my heartbroken every single time I feel like I’m going to lose Jai. It was hard, but I didn’t give up.

If Luke felt like he had to thank Jai for bringing Andi closer to him, I felt the same way. Because of Andrea, she has given me a chance to be Jai’s girl, even though it was difficult at the start because I had to fill in a whole lot. Andrea is a whole lot better in Jai’s eyes and I needed to let him know that I was gonna be more than that.

I didn’t even think he would end up falling for me in real. Of course, it was all hard work and I was happy for it. It was rather fast for some people but I didn’t care. It wasn’t hard to love Jai.

Since Andrea’s birthday, they haven’t talked or seen each other. I tried to keep him preoccupied all the time. I tried to be there when I can. I stayed up late so we can catch up and talk about anything under the sun, until we both feel we want to hit the sack. I was always there for him. I took care of him like I was just beside him all the time.

I felt his sincerity towards me too. He wouldn’t sleep without talking to me. At some point, people were getting mad at me because it’s always me who he cared about. I was sad about that but it was the only thing I could ever have with Jai right now.

 In every relationship, there needs to be a better foundation so it won’t fade away so fast. I did have a free weekend and I thought it would be better if I could go and visit him so he would know I was serious about him. We would always dream about being together and I thought it was a perfect opportunity to come now. But I also wanted to meet Andrea in person because I wanted to know her better. She is after all my boyfriend’s first love and I wanna learn why the Brooks’ twins love her so much.

This weekend I was spending some time with Jai and his family at his Nonno and Nonna’s beach house. I was excited because I won’t only get to meet him but everyone in his family. I want them to know I was serious with Jai and I do really love him.

Beau and Jai picked me up at the airport and we went ahead to the beach house. “Welcome to Melbourne!” Beau greeted when he first saw me at the airport.

“Aww thank you!”

We went to Beau’s car and he started driving. During the drive to the beach house, we were all talking about how my flight was and catching up on things. Beau was cheeky and he was so fun to be with.

“Where’s your mum and Luke?” I asked.

“They’re coming in a different car. They’ll be bringing stuff so I think they’ll follow or they might be there already.” Jai said.

“Oh cool! This is exciting.”

“I know… I’m excited too!” Jai exclaimed.

After a couple of hours, we arrived at the beach house. I met Jai’s Nonno and Nonna.