Chapter 10: I Still Exist

That awesome feeling when you wake up with someone who you love and loves you back is simply enchanting. Like a fairy tale come true.

This experience was something foreign to me. Too foreign that I never knew it would happen anytime soon. And the fact that it did happen in Australia. The only thing I had in mind when we moved here was to get a new life, and honestly speaking, I do love my new self. I also love Luke and it was an amazing feeling to be beside him waking up in the morning. He stayed when I needed him the most. He took care of me without asking him to.

“Someone’s in a happy mood today…” Julie commented, watching me intently.

“Yeah I know.” I said and smiled. We were walking in the hallways to go to our classroom. It was still early so we were actually taking our time.

“So Luke showed up early today?” Julie asked, perhaps wanted more details on why he was early.

“Yeah, but he’s gonna go back to sleep.” I commented, hoping she wouldn’t say anything else.

“Is there anything you’re not telling me?” She inquired, and I was right. She indeed wanted details.

“No, can’t I be happy for once?”

“Since you guys dated, you’ve been very happy.”

“I know.” I agreed.

Sam was already in history class when Julie and I got there. “Hey Sam, how was dinner with Jai last night?” Julie asked. Yeah, I should have continued on talking about me and Luke rather than hearing about Jai and Sam. Way to go, Andi!

“It was fun! We ended up having dinner with Luke and Andi too.” Sam said with delight.

“Oh that sounds fun, isn’t it Andi?” Julie asked as she turned to face me.

“Yeah.” I shrugged.

Please can we stop talking about this? I was just in a good mood and I can’t believe that Julie is talking to Sam about her date with Jai. I feel like they’re telling it to me indirectly. Okay, so you guys are going out? Why do I have to know each detail?

“So did the twins bring you home?” Sam asked.

“No, it was just Luke. He went home.” I said, casually. Not in the mood to talk about it further, to be honest.

“Oh okay. I just texted him ‘Thanks for dinner last night’ is that good?” Sam asked me and Julie.

“Yes, that’s good.” Julie said.

I didn’t join in the conversation any further and checked on Twitter instead. Luke was probably home and was going to bed so I didn’t want to text and wake him up.

Classes started and the teacher was late. Julie and Sam were still talking about Jai while I was keeping myself busy. I do admit I was getting hurt by it. I know that I’m not dating Jai anymore but I thought if Sam was gonna go and date him, she would probably say something to me. I guess it is called respect, but then again I’m in a different country with different culture and tradition, so maybe here they don’t need to do that. I miss Sarah and Tina, I bet that they wouldn’t agree on what I’m gonna say but I know they would be here to listen to me. I miss my old friends. I’m still wondering why Jai didn’t tell us that he was meeting up with Sam. Why couldn’t you, Jai?

School was draining. I ate my apple for lunch and then went to the library to hang out, somewhat distant to everyone. All the time I was thinking about Luke, hoping he didn’t get in trouble for not coming home last night, as well as having his mum okay with it and not ground him.