Chapter 9: Best Night

* Luke's POV *

Today was… full of emotions. Happy, sad, jealousy, and hatred. But I don’t know which one to feel. If only my mind can teach me. If only my heart can teach me. Right now, I don’t know what to do. My feelings are lost in the wind.

I’m staring blankly on the right side window of the cab that Andi and I are riding back home. The window is covered with mist from the outside. The streets were filled with lights and there were people strolling along the sidelines. Andi was leaning on my shoulders and probably dreaming her way to nothingness. No one was talking. The cab’s music was turned on a low volume. The driver was too serious on his job.

I’m with Andi right now. I should be happy. I got my girl with me. But why do I feel like she’s far away from me? Why do I feel that she’s not thinking about me? Why do I feel she actually have feelings for Jai? What if… What if she realized she loves Jai… more than me?

“Are you okay?” Andi asked me, finally breaking the silence, moving in closer and hugging me tightly.

“Yeah, just tired I guess.”

“Do you want to go home first?”

“No, I’ll bring you home first.” I insisted.

“Okay then. Thank you for today. I love it.” She said, “I’m sorry for ruining our date.”

“What do you mean?”

“You know, it was supposed to be just us but I invited him along.” Him… she said him. She didn’t say his name. She didn’t say Jai.

“No worries, I understand. I’m glad you’re happy.” I said even though she doesn’t really seem happy.

Since we saw Sam with Jai at the restaurant, her mood has changed. I felt it. I know Jai felt it too. Was she hurt? Was she jealous that Jai stayed for Sam and not her?

The cab stopped and we have just arrived in front of Andi’s house. The driver was waiting for me as I walked Andi to her front door and gave her a kiss. She looks tired, more like confused. Honestly, I was confused too.

“Go to sleep, babe. Don’t wait for me to get home.” I suggested.

She leaned in and kissed me, “I wanna hear you go home safely.”

“I love you, Andi.” I said, leaning my forehead against hers.

“I love you too.” I smiled and she let out a smile too. I don’t know. It just doesn’t seem too convincing to me. I waved goodbye and started walking back to the cab.

“Luke…” she called me, “please stay.” And I was stunned. It was a school night and I don’t want to keep her up.

“Are you sure?” I asked. She nodded.

Going back to the cab, I told him he’s good to go and paid him. We went inside the house and Andi’s parents were already in their room. Jake wasn’t home yet. We went straight to her room and let me stay inside while she go and tell her parents she was home. She went back after a couple of minutes and locked the door. 

“Thank you for staying.”

“Anything for you.” I replied and kissed her cheek.

She went inside the bathroom to change while I was on her bed watching some TV. I had to set it in a low volume so her parents won’t come and check on her. After 10 minutes, she came wearing a shirt and shorts.

“You look good.” I commented, smiling.

“Thanks babe, you’re amazing.” She uttered and it felt good. She went to lie down on her bed under the blanket and I joined her.